Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: KPM pump install?

race angel...
Old 06-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Ratman I for one am impressed.You really know your stuff...........mark...........

youi
Old 06-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered

mm thx
Old 06-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I call em as i see em..........good or bad.my good friend says that i am honest.........painfully honest.................mark.........
Old 06-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wrote instructions for Fred over a year ago. I still have the file. These pumps worked flawlessly for me and did not give me any clearance issues whatsoever.
Here are the 2 parts of the install document, Have at it
J
Old 06-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Registered

Arrow Re: KPM pump install?

I just had my KPM retrofit pumps go bad (less than 2 years- 25 hours). One impeller was so bad, it almost didn't look like an impeller anymore.

I guess we'll see how good they backup their stuff.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered

jayl13, i would expect kpm to provide the instructions,,,not a customer, mine use a different style bracket then yours, and the outlet from the pump has to go thru my front engine mount plate. yes i got them to mount, yes they work, yes i figured out how to install them with no instructions, but i think the pumps could be improved upon with minor design changes that would make the people who bought them happier and more satisfied customers, unlike the customer that started this thread , hey how do i install my new kpm pumps that didnt come with instructions, aw the hell with it ill just send em back and get the merc pumps. if i was the company making these pumps i would see to it that people didnt need to start threads so they could figure out how install my part!!! and if the box it came in said there is a 2 year warranty paper work inside the box it would be there, if i changed my warranty period to 1 year i would have new labels made for the boxes the pumps come in!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered

Rat, I hear ya, It took me a while to figure out how to fit these together, You have to hog out holes and so on and I decided to send them to my friend Fred at Trick so he could send them to his customers. We spoke at Miami this year and he said he was grateful for the paperwork and he put them in with each pump he sent out. Nice for the company to even acknowledge that a customer would help them out like this but no thats okay, I did it cause I like Fred and I tried to help my friend out. That was my biggest ? when I opened the box, I was like ALRIGHT this looks like a kick azz part, and then im looking for instructions and there were none im like Oh you have GOT to be joking right? There are different studs for 2 different housings, I did not know which one to use, There were all sorts of things and no directions saying you have to drill and hog out holes in the merc part of the pump. Took a while until I got it right.
Well sorry, I tried to help, Did not realize you had different pumps. My bad.
I had good luck with those pumps honestly, I will use them in the apache as well since I have the standard pumps that I wrote the directions for so I will definitely buy them again.
J
Old 06-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Registered

jay freds a great guy that will go out of his way for ya. i just think kpm should get thier ducks in a row. they make some good products but i think a kind of unprofessional how they do buis. maybe things are different on the other side of the pond. yeah it was cool of you to make instructions for fred but that should have been done by kpm. it would take what an hour to write it up and print enough copies to put one in with every pumpthe sell. btw did you get to different size bolts? the were long bolts in one of my pump and shorter bolts and washers in the other pump. pretty haphazzard way to impress the consumer. good luck with your new new ride is da shizit, rm
Old 06-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had two KPM pumps go out at the Sarasota PR this year, I was lucky, I did not fry either engine. Both shafts went out, I shipped the pumps back to my engine builder for a rebuild and they have performed flawlessly.

Quick Reply: KPM pump install?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.