Notices

Lake Travis Boat Ramps

Old 06-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Travis Boat Ramps

We are coming up with bglz4u and others on July 20th for our annual houseboat trip. We are also going to a party on Travis the weekend of the 15th. What I'm looking for is a place to leave my 42 Sonic on the trailer till we come back on the 20th. Any body have a real big yard or garage? Any help out there on where to store it? Thanks

Capt Bill
Old 06-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about general lake conditions (when it gets this low)? I know Travis can have stagnation and bacteria problems at low levels, is there an issue this summer? Is it navigable? Are all the little coves cut off? We have just a few days to decide if this trip is a "go" or "no-go", and we just reschedule for next year...

Jim
Old 06-15-2006, 07:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bglz42
What about general lake conditions (when it gets this low)? I know Travis can have stagnation and bacteria problems at low levels, is there an issue this summer? Is it navigable? Are all the little coves cut off? We have just a few days to decide if this trip is a "go" or "no-go", and we just reschedule for next year...

Jim
Ive never heard of the bacteria problems when its low. when it floods, the houses on the lake with septic systems flush into the water and they have high bacteria problems.

some little coves are low. be careful when your going where you dont know. overall its not too bad. stay in the channel and you will be fine.

Its not low enough i would reschedule at all. just keep a sharper eye out.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Registered

Water looks low when you look out over lake, but when you get on water hard to notice that it is low.

When you launch at Mansfield remember to leave the boat hooked until you get to the water. You do not need to have a day like a guy in a 30-33' baja had last Saturday when his boat decided to come off the trailer close to the top of the ramp.

Devil's Cove is getting low, front of no wake area about 65' deep, back area about 20' deep now.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

we will be bringing about 6 boats from H-Town for the July run
Old 06-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Water looks low when you look out over lake, but when you get on water hard to notice that it is low.

When you launch at Mansfield remember to leave the boat hooked until you get to the water. You do not need to have a day like a guy in a 30-33' baja had last Saturday when his boat decided to come off the trailer close to the top of the ramp.

Devil's Cove is getting low, front of no wake area about 65' deep, back area about 20' deep now.
You mean this guy?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0/cc90215e.jpg

I walked from the C&C docks out to the houseboats without getting wet this weekend. Does that tell you how low the water is?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered

Ouch. that hurts looking at that. how did it fall off?

m1, you havent been on here in awhile. we will be out this weekend. still got the 38?
Old 06-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered

I thought for sure the Baja on the ramp june 10th was all yellow. When I drove by, they had four jacks set up around the boat. I really wanted to see how they were going to move it but A.D.D. kicked in and I got bored waiting
Old 06-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

I'm all into myspace now. haha. Still got the 38 and a good crew (all girls). I'll be out this weekend. Check up on me here:

www.myspace.com/m1super90
Old 06-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by m1super90
They tried lifting up with the jacks but the ramp is so steep it keep falling off. They ended up pushing it all the way down to the water. Got it floating, Started motors & drove back on trailer. They then left. See the white fiberglass trail, it went all the way from the top of the ramp to the water.

Quick Reply: Lake Travis Boat Ramps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.