Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thank you CMI for being a stand up company! >

Thank you CMI for being a stand up company!

Notices

Thank you CMI for being a stand up company!

Old 06-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank you CMI for being a stand up company!

Thought I would let you know how well CMI took care of me. Since allot of posts I read on here are bashing some marine company. I thought I would share a happy story. I had been having problems with my center 525 EFI oil overheating. To make a long story short I had salt in the oil due to my headers leaking. I was worried since the boat was just out of warranty and I had read a couple posts about CMI not fixing leaky headers. So I was bracing for the having to spend some big dough for new headers. I sent them to CMI and they are fixing them right now for me under warranty. I should have them back within the next week. They will be as good as new and will be all polished up for me.
I just wanted to say thank you for taking care of the customer and standing behind your product. It would have been very easy to say sorry about your luck you are just past your warrenty. Thanks Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Registered

Default Re: Thank you CMI for being a stand up company!

Hmm, no post on this one yet? j/k
Old 06-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a bit of good and refreshing news for a change. Kudos to CMI
Old 06-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

heres a good question.. does your center engine have tail pipe supports?? if not .then thats why the headres are leaking . you probably will not have the problem with the rear motors. if they do not have supports get them from cmi they have a kit .. that will definatley give your headers much more life....one more question were the headers leaking up top?? just went through the same thing on a outerlimits fought a oil temp and oil pres problem for a while..
Old 06-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

I have had nothing but a great experience with CMI...look forward to continue doing business with them in the future...
Old 06-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ultimate cat
heres a good question.. does your center engine have tail pipe supports?? if not .then thats why the headres are leaking . you probably will not have the problem with the rear motors. if they do not have supports get them from cmi they have a kit .. that will definatley give your headers much more life....one more question were the headers leaking up top?? just went through the same thing on a outerlimits fought a oil temp and oil pres problem for a while..
Yes I have the tail supports. Both headers were leaking up near the collector cup. They fixed that leak and then pressure tested them again. One of them was good but the other one developed a small leak farther down the pipe. They had to cut of the collector and go farther down. They had to re fix this one and it was sent to be polished today. They already sent the one out on Friday and will send the other one out in the next day or two. They told me I will have them back in time for a poker run I am doing on June 24th. Once again nothing but good things to say about how I was treated by David at CMI. Thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Playn
That's a bit of good and refreshing news for a change. Kudos to CMI
I am a partner in a restaurant and see this everyday. Everyone that is not happy will let you know. Maybe 10% of the people that are happy take the time to let you know great job. It is that 10% that make it all the hard work worthwhile.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Please...after many headers from these guys.....if they make a 15 g mistake.....not you......do you think they should make good????hmmmm...I sold boat in middle of re hab...star chaser and bought goddess...cat.....if they make a deal with ya telling you they will catch ya on the next set......would ya believe em....hmmmmm.....2 years later the next big set comes along ....and ya know what they say....we never said that....your headers were fine....mind you I checked in every 5 months to keep them alert to issue...so they would remember me.........i said...that is why they were for a stagger vee bottom....but they came in as cat headers...side by side....that is why i am still sitting on them....azzhole liars....growing pains..my azz...I make good for all mistakes at my co....yes..great headers....totally mis managed shop like 2 years ago.....same dudes still there that made the deal with me.....I say Phuck them.....but yes they did just do my next set...cause there the only game in town...and I could not use the other ones for this cat...to high.....and the other thread that said I should have used a templet was a joke...i just did not want to go off again....so I made a joke on me...but I had a templet....total measurements like it was the space shuttle program....there shot....I am out 15 g....so beware....go through somebody that has some pull........stand up co. my azz....another reason i left my previous wanna be builder and came in here...that scumbag did not go to bat for me hard enough...let me out to dry..
Old 06-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Please...after many headers from these guys.....if they make a 15 g mistake.....not you......do you think they should make good????hmmmm...I sold boat in middle of re hab...star chaser and bought goddess...cat.....if they make a deal with ya telling you they will catch ya on the next set......would ya believe em....hmmmmm.....2 years later the next big set comes along ....and ya know what they say....we never said that....your headers were fine....mind you I checked in every 5 months to keep them alert to issue...so they would remember me.........i said...that is why they were for a stagger vee bottom....but they came in as cat headers...side by side....that is why i am still sitting on them....azzhole liars....growing pains..my azz...I make good for all mistakes at my co....yes..great headers....totally mis managed shop like 2 years ago.....same dudes still there that made the deal with me.....I say Phuck them.....but yes they did just do my next set...cause there the only game in town...and I could not use the other ones for this cat...to high.....and the other thread that said I should have used a templet was a joke...i just did not want to go off again....so I made a joke on me...but I had a templet....total measurements like it was the space shuttle program....there shot....I am out 15 g....so beware....go through somebody that has some pull........stand up co. my azz....another reason i left my previous wanna be builder and came in here...that scumbag did not go to bat for me hard enough...let me out to dry..
There are MEDS for this.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yes.....I must admit....Fred ...trick marine helped me on this last set....and everything is fine and on time.....thanks fred...and jc....no big deal...i am better now..

Quick Reply: Thank you CMI for being a stand up company!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.