Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tmp- No More (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132830-tmp-no-more.html)

Young Performance 06-15-2006 02:46 PM

Tmp- No More

This is the last post that I will make as TMP Racing. Some of you know that I left TMP several months ago. For those of you that do not know me, my name is Eddie Young and I WAS the one and only engine builder for TMP. Although hurricane Katrina played some role in me leaving, the main reason was that I did not like the direction that TMP was going. I will not get into details on a public forum. I do not want to be associated with the BS. I have not spoken to them in months, I do not know what direction that they are heading, nor do I care. I do not want to be associated with them in any way, shape or form. I have moved to Nashville, TN. and partnered with the owner of the Nashville Cats Nortech to continue to build the same quality engines that TMP was known for. I have many satisfied customers that can attest to that.
I still have the same La. cell number so that My customers can reach me. I have been there before, during and after the storm for my customers, should the need arise. I have and will continue to stand behind my motors 100 percent.
The name of the business is Young Performance Marine. Anyone interested in motors or if you have any questions, can call and speak with me any time day or night. Cell 504-416-3607 or the shop @ 615-216-7449.
Thank you, Eddie

Boomer 880 06-15-2006 03:03 PM

Re: Tmp- No More

Best of luck to you in your new venture!

racer-x6 06-15-2006 03:06 PM

Good luck Eddie if you ever need anything you have my #
Eric

Young Performance 06-15-2006 03:13 PM

Thank you Boomer. Thanks Eric and keep in touch.

UNSANE 06-15-2006 03:14 PM

I briefly met the guy that did the motors for that Nashville cat that was there in Jax for the Poker run, really seemed to know his stuff. Was that you? The thing was hella loud too :evilb: The owner said the boat ran 155 and if I remember right, he was one of the few "big dogs" that did NOT have any motor problems. Good luck in Nashville!!

Young Performance 06-15-2006 03:36 PM

Yes UNSANE that was me. You are correct, the boat did run 155 and did not have any problems. The only problem we have had this year was at Havasu when we broke two Whipple snouts. I started making my own out of much stronger material, if anyone needs them. Haven't broken one since. As soon as I get some bigger props, I want to step the motors up to see what that #16000 tank will do. The motors are making 1200hp on 93 octane, but will make just over 1400 hp with a pulley change and 100 octane. The pulleys have never been changed in that boat, so I am anxious to see what it will do.

CigDaze 06-15-2006 03:43 PM

Good luck to you, my man!!

Sounds like a name change is in order. PM OSO and get that taken care of.

:cool:

Semper Fi 06-15-2006 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by TMP racing
This is the last post that I will make as TMP Racing. Some of you know that I left TMP several months ago. For those of you that do not know me, my name is Eddie Young and I WAS the one and only engine builder for TMP. Although hurricane Katrina played some role in me leaving, the main reason was that I did not like the direction that TMP was going. I will not get into details on a public forum. I do not want to be associated with the BS. I have not spoken to them in months, I do not know what direction that they are heading, nor do I care. I do not want to be associated with them in any way, shape or form. I have moved to Nashville, TN. and partnered with the owner of the Nashville Cats Nortech to continue to build the same quality engines that TMP was known for. I have many satisfied customers that can attest to that.
I still have the same La. cell number so that My customers can reach me. I have been there before, during and after the storm for my customers, should the need arise. I have and will continue to stand behind my motors 100 percent.
The name of the business is Young Performance Marine. Anyone interested in motors or if you have any questions, can call and speak with me any time day or night. Cell 504-416-3607 or the shop @ 615-216-7449.
Thank you, Eddie

Good luck to you. You may want to change your screen name to dis-associate yourself with TMP.

offshoredrillin 06-15-2006 04:09 PM

Best of luck Eddie, the couple times I spoke with you, you seemed like a regular guy...

UNSANE 06-15-2006 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by TMP racing
Yes UNSANE that was me. You are correct, the boat did run 155 and did not have any problems. The only problem we have had this year was at Havasu when we broke two Whipple snouts. I started making my own out of much stronger material, if anyone needs them. Haven't broken one since. As soon as I get some bigger props, I want to step the motors up to see what that #16000 tank will do. The motors are making 1200hp on 93 octane, but will make just over 1400 hp with a pulley change and 100 octane. The pulleys have never been changed in that boat, so I am anxious to see what it will do.

Well it was great to meet you, them motors were LOUD!!! And I know loud :D I haven't been around here real long but I have read about some bad stuff with TMP, so based upon what I know, I'm glad you got away from there. Your motors did have a different "sound" to them and I liked it a lot. They sounded like they weren't going to fall apart. I think I remember you saying that they could go 100hrs before a refreshen, but that you've actually run them a little longer. Good luck to you and based upon what I saw, it shouldn't be long before you get to where you want to be.