Notices

Lake Champlain

Old 08-20-2006, 05:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Champlain

While waiting for the flight to arrive, we did get to see an F 15 and an older F 86 do manuevers over the airport. Pretty cool.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I had a blast. It was to nice to see burlington bay packed with boats.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

We had a blast also Chris,your boat looked good in the rough.We went inside the breakwater early and lucked out finding a dockspace.Spent the day at Breakwaters.The show was awsome from there.I ran back with Todd later in the day.
You out this week at all?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity4Me
We had a blast also Chris,your boat looked good in the rough.We went inside the breakwater early and lucked out finding a dockspace.Spent the day at Breakwaters.The show was awsome from there.I ran back with Todd later in the day.
You out this week at all?
I can't believe you scored a slip at breakwaters Tom... I figured that place would have been reserved months in advance... I bet the view from there was sick??
Old 08-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Neil it was rocking there.The Thunderbirds really were cool with there flybys.That was a first for my family,Michael had a blsat wathching the manuevers.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Registered

We were swinging on the hook just off the entrance to the barge canal. It was an awesome show and we had the best seats in the house. I've got a couple photos if somebody wants to post 'em...

Frank
Old 08-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Registered

I could post them for you but I won't be able to do it til after 5 today...damn work computer doesn't have any resizing programs and I can't install anything on it either.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Registered

Well I see everyone had a good time. We made it as far as deep bay and tried to beach for Greggs kids party but the waves were just pushing the boat inland and couldn't get the anchor to stick. we ended up at B.A.B. and came in before the rain hit. I took my nephew nad his friends for a couple rides at 75 MPh before heading in and all saw was grins from ear to ear. Maybe we'll see evertone this coming weekend.

Red
Old 08-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
Had a nice time on the Lake watching the air show. Got a little wet and the show was not all it was supposed to be because of the rain.

The "hardcore" boat enthusiasts/owners made it out; GLH, JS, Charlie, Todd, Shane, Jamie, Chris, and I'm sure others I didn't see.

We were having a good time until the Coast Guard made us move. Friends had a spot Friday night off from oakledge Park. We were told to move about 50 yards out from where we were around 9am. Moved appx 200 yrds out,5 boats,5 anchors. Safety boats were waving to us and talking to us all day.
Around 3pm Custom's boat came in and told us we had 10 mins to move our boats or he was going to ticket all of us. This is after we had been there for about 5-6 hrs and mutiple boats were on top of our anchor lines. They were being total TOOLS... We asked them to help us with moving some boats on top of our anchor lines,but would not. Good way to promote safety there C.G.
When we finally un-tied we could not get an anchor set with all the other boats on top of us.
Started raining and decided to get out.
Had a wonderful ride home in the pouring rain! Felt like hail balls hitting me in the face.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIPPINWETII
We were having a good time until the Coast Guard made us move. Friends had a spot Friday night off from oakledge Park. We were told to move about 50 yards out from where we were around 9am. Moved appx 200 yrds out,5 boats,5 anchors. Safety boats were waving to us and talking to us all day.
Around 3pm Custom's boat came in and told us we had 10 mins to move our boats or he was going to ticket all of us. This is after we had been there for about 5-6 hrs and mutiple boats were on top of our anchor lines. They were being total TOOLS... We asked them to help us with moving some boats on top of our anchor lines,but would not. Good way to promote safety there C.G.
When we finally un-tied we could not get an anchor set with all the other boats on top of us.
Started raining and decided to get out.
Had a wonderful ride home in the pouring rain! Felt like hail balls hitting me in the face.
Otherwise a pretty good Saturday?

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.