Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

You mean Reggies statement caused the capped speed on the 2006 NY Hudson?

I think the previous 36 Apache flip 2 yrs ago may have had more influence, huh????

Never been there, nor would I want to run in that junk filled water or whatever you call it with refridgerators and dead bodies stashed inside.
Attached Thumbnails Cat Killer !-ap-sink6.jpg   Cat Killer !-ap-sink2.jpg   Cat Killer !-ap-sink1.jpg  

Old 06-17-2006, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
You mean Reggies statement caused the capped speed on the 2006 NY Hudson?
no, not at all, but in the scope of what is goin on in the industry, that statement may come back to haunt him and hurt all of us. where the run is doesnt matter, when it comes time for us to get clamped down on, I'm sure every accident or public statement will be used against the industry.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Look it just so happened that it was Reggie that said it, I dont wash anyones sack and the fact remains that statements like that are bad for our sport...Look at the NYC poker run today, no king or queen of the hudson, speeds capped at just over 100. turnout there was horrible, slips were still available. Regardless of whom made the statement it was reckless and without thought. I could forsee insurance regulations within the future that anyone caught in a sanctions event/run/race will be subject to cancellation. Maybe some of you guys need to just admit he screwed up. If some people bash blindly, dont be so fast to protect blindly either.

100% RIGHT, Its the STATEMENT
Old 06-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Oh...no one mentions Fiore's comments here....I see, I get it now. It's OK for OL to leave on their website when Fountain states a press release it;'s bash time

Press Release

“FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE”
June 30, 2002
Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats Steals the Show at the New York City Poker Run
New York City, NY – June 15th, 2002 – Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats stole the show at the
New York City Powerboat Poker Run, retaining their ‘King of the V-Bottoms’ Crown and by
taking the top nine spots in the V-bottom class. Over 125 boats, from all over the country,
participated in this prestigious and spectacular event held on the Hudson River in America’s
most exciting city.
Right from the start, the Outerlimits dock drew quite a crowd with their impressive fleet of boats.
Mike Fiore, president of Outerlimits, said ”Its so great to see everyone out here having such a
good time.” Surrounded by all the Outerlimits boats, he continued “This almost looks like an
Outerlimits show.” And indeed it did. The day turned out to be quite a show for these v-bottoms.
Frank Barbarino, owner and driver of the 42 foot Outerlimits ‘Fire and Ice’, was the fastest VBottom,
capturing the ‘King of the V-Bottoms’ trophy. He was followed by a fleet of eight more
Outerlimits with ‘Rock It’, a 42 footer, owned by Bob Russel, driven by Chris Cestaro, owner of
Ocean Performance in Connecticut and throttled by Paul Fiore of Outerlimits coming right
behind. ‘What a Gas’, a 42 foot Outerlimits, owned and driven by John O’Loughlin came in
next. The 42-foot GTX, ‘Joker’, owned and throttled by John Makepeace and driven by Anthony
Rosciti came in fourth. Then came the 42 foot ‘Pass Blocker’, owned and driven by Brad Benson
and throttled by Jerry Tipton, owner of Trenton Marine. Bob Christi’s ‘Extreme Dream’ another
42 footer came in next, followed by Dennis Kelliher’s 37 Outerlimits then Ron Bergoin’s 37
Quad Step and soon afterward ‘No Discipline’ Pete Mazzo’s 42 Outerlimits. Mike Fiore and Bob
Russel were blazing a trail along side of the turbine powered ‘Jet Set’ when their 42’ GTX
frayed a belt, slowing them down out of contention. Even with this misfortune, it was still
Outerlimits v-bottom performance all the way.
The National Powerboat Association produces the New York City Powerboat Poker Run, which
celebrated its 6th year. The 75-mile course started at Liberty Landing Marina, in the shadow of
the Stature of Liberty, then to the Ossining Boat and Canoe Club, then on to Haverstraw Marina,
and returned to the Liberty Landing Marina for the big Awards Party. A great day was had by all
in spite of the gray weather.
The performance of the Outerlimits fleet confirms that when it comes to running a v-bottom in
the poker run circuit, they are truly the dominating force of the sport. Outerlimits Offshore
Powerboats is located in Bristol, Rhode Island. For additional information on their offshore
powerboats, call 401-253-7300 or visit www.outerlimitspowerboats.com.
# # #
Old 06-17-2006, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

dude, look at the date....To me this isnt about who said the statement, I would be just as yanked if it were anyone else. Has nothing to do with how fast his boat is or what really happened. It's 100% about a written press statement that stands to hurt us when it comes to poker runs. Explain to me whay we have to abaide by rules that are made to protect stupid people? Why do they have to write dont drink the shampoo on a shampoo bottle? fer christ sakes. you guys just wont admit it was a stupid press release. bad move, if you think it's not then ok, when runs become illegal then we will see. Hell one stste already wont let bikes have a poker run for money even if it's for charity. Dont be blind about it just to protect.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

I think hurricanes ,theft, and the area you live are the cause of insurance rates. I do not see anything wrong with press release; But everyone has their opinion and I respect that.

Maybe Sy and others can comment re: Poker Runs in relation to insurance rates.

Yeah, my 966/yr premium is killing me on the new Fountain, I know where you're coming from
Old 06-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Maybe Sy and others can comment re: Poker Runs in relation to insurance rates.
Better yet, let's see what Sy has to say about "Post-Poker Run QUOTES" effects on insurance rates . . .

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
100% RIGHT, Its the STATEMENT
Old 06-17-2006, 10:34 PM
NRG
Registered

It's 100% about a written press statement that stands to hurt us when it comes to poker runs.
WRONG. The ones that hurt are the news articles about a "cigarette type" boat spins out and flips over with one in critical condition and 2 people missing.

THOSE HURT!
Old 06-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NRG
WRONG. The ones that hurt are the news articles about a "cigarette type" boat spins out and flips over with one in critical condition and 2 people missing.

THOSE HURT!

Then it goes on to say Booze was a factor
Old 06-17-2006, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Better yet, let's see what Sy has to say about "Post-Poker Run QUOTES" effects on insurance rates . . .
Do all of ya'll really think the insurance companies are a bunch of dumb a$$es. They know what people do at poker runs, they know how fast the boats they have policys on will go and they know why the owners want them to go that fast. A press release is not going to make your premiums go up.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.