Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by 42MTI
If you don't think the speed of the boat has a huge impact on your insurance rate you are smoking crack. It's the main reason we only have 2 companies to chose from for cat insurance. You only need to ask an agent about a cat running over 120 mph. Doesn't matter what kind or value, just give them the speed.
42MTI, you misunderstood me. I did not say a speed of a boat does not have an affect on the ocst of your insurance. It sure does!What I said was an insurance company is not raising the rates because they hear someone went fast at a poker run. geesh! Boats have been going fast at poker runs, lake speed shoot outs for years and years and nobody on here got all pizzy at those post's.....unitl Fountain put a little blurb on the Fountain website about being a Cat Killer then all you guys got your panty's all up in a wad.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Thak you Terry, that was my whole point. I'm not worried about insurance going up at all. What bothers me is when insurance companies ban participation in poker runs all together...If you dont think they have the power look at what happened to muscle cars.
Exactly!! My insurance policies already ban participation in any santioned race. If everyone is trying to make Poker Runs santioned races, I'm screwed. ( I do worry about insurance going up beyond most peoples ability to pay though.)

Would some of the promoters of poker runs let us know what the difference between event insurance would be if the event was promoted as a race vs a fun run. And what the difference in ability to get event insurance, and cost, is now vs a few years ago. Is it big?

Check the insurance difference between a ZO6 and regular Vette. My company would insure one but not the other. Too Fast!!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 3600cat
You can always tell a cat owner. They are informed.
Cats are the only way to go. I HATE V BOTTOMS.
That's a nice V-Bottom on your avatar that you hate!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now heres the question of the day for everyone to ponder. How many boats that run poker runs even have insurance? I bet its less than you think. I know alot of marina owners and when a poker run comes anywhere near where they are located a lot of them just yank a brand new boat off the lot and enter it in the poker run so they can advertise thier marina , no registration ,no insurance and they get away with it! I know that marinas have riders on their policies that cover them when they sea trail a boat but i bet if they got in an accident during a poker run they wouldnt have a leg to stand on! Do you think Reggie had the Rio Roses boat properly registerd with his state to run a poker run I know it wasnt because its a race boat and not meant for recreational use. I would consider a poker run recreational use and if the local athorities wanted to push it they proably would have had some pretty heafty fines to pay. So on that note I would be willing to bet that any insurance that they may have had on the boat wasnt for the use that it was being used in. Now what if a boat with a family of 4 accidently came across their path and hit them, Now lets say everyone survived but was criticly injured and hospital bills were stacking up and Reggies insurance company wouldnt pay out because they didnt have the proper insurance policy the family would be screwed and would be in court for years trying to get money from Fountain powerboats inc. now ponder that a moment the next time you go on a poker run and your running wide open next to another boat that has "joe blows marina" plastered on the side of it and ask yourself "does this guy have any insurance in case he hits my boat and wrecks me"!

Last edited by BigDadys93x; 06-19-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Banned

My 36 Nortech was much easier to dock then my
Nortech V bottom, Terry is right it was not a race , so again line em up at the loto shootout and turn em up and lets have a edition of Pinks on water, Have Reggie bring his race boat, let the cat guys bring it on and I'll call Rich Christianson to come and drop his arms, bring the titles and race with safety equipment in a official race setting, winner loads up the losers boat,someone call the discovery channel quick, can a hummer 6 wheel float?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by two-air
Your'e right! I heard Jt say: "Yeah Cuda you passed me and now my Cat insurance will be cancelled!!! How do you feel now!!"
Damn proud!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking of putting out a press release, but I don't want to raise everyone's insurance rates, along with their bloodpressure.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
The problem is comparing a race boat to pleasure boats. That being said, there are a few pleasure cats on Havasu that run near 180 so maybe the right cats did not show up to spank Reggie. Or maybe Reggie should come out to the spring run in Havasu and see what happens.
Yeah, and my dad can beat up your dad.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Now heres the question of the day for everyone to ponder. How many boats that run poker runs even have insurance? I bet its less than you think.!
I really dont think that Mr. fountain would do anything illegal, or purposely put anyone in harms way and as a manufacturer and a dealer they have the marine equivilant of a dealer tag, which they pay an extemely high insurance premium to have.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FeverMike
42MTI, you misunderstood me. I did not say a speed of a boat does not have an affect on the ocst of your insurance. It sure does!What I said was an insurance company is not raising the rates because they hear someone went fast at a poker run. geesh! Boats have been going fast at poker runs, lake speed shoot outs for years and years and nobody on here got all pizzy at those post's.....unitl Fountain put a little blurb on the Fountain website about being a Cat Killer then all you guys got your panty's all up in a wad.
I agree, there are a whole lot more people reading Oso than the Fountain website, hell, I've never even visited it. I don't hear everyone crying about insurance rates when a member on here post some great speeds, all you hear then are congratulations.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
I agree, there are a whole lot more people reading Oso than the Fountain website, hell, I've never even visited it. I don't hear everyone crying about insurance rates when a member on here post some great speeds, all you hear then are congratulations.

Cuda, I agree too. This has been a fun azz thread for me though..gotta love the drama!

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.