Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by Maximus
Thought this was "semi" apropriate. Don't mean to hijack your debate.

Over the years on OSO myself and the rest of you have heard a lot of cryin about "the old days", "Real offshore", "Ocean Racing" ...CIG vs Fountain vs OL
Who is the king of offshore.
Many of you don't care who is the fastest on flat water "it's the ocean that tell's the true story".

WELL HERE IT IS. CALL YOUR MANUFACTURER AND TELL THEM TO BRING THEIR BADEST RACE BOAT OR RACE/POKER RUN BOAT TO CLAIM THE TITLE

NO MORE WHINING OR or BS PRESS RELEASES

PUT THE DRAMA TO REST: FOUNTAIN IF YOU TRULY THINK YOU CAN BEAT "SPEED RACER" CALL HIM AND CHALLENGE HIM. There will be no denying the winner his claim to the title here. They'll be some other BIG CATS that will enjoy running the "CAT KILLER" .

CIG we all know you have a secret weapon waiting to surprise us all!!! The "old man" upstairs created our sport on these Ocean Races.

OL...THERE IS more of your "Heavy duty hardware" that can handle this job than any other Manuf. You guys have a very impressive program and many Loyal fans. Don't let them down!!!!

THIS IS A SANCTIONED RACE NOT A POKER RUN. ALL Proffessional SAFETY rules will be in place for High SPEED BOATING. HELO"S, DIVE TEAM's MED boats, Cleared course.

NO ENTRY FEES FOR OSS/OPA/SBI 2006 Registered members.

Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Assoc. (POPRA) with Event sponsor AMF Offshore Racing.Com are proud to bring back a piece of offshore history with the return of the Catalina Island Rum Run. This is a 75 + mile offshore race from the Queen Mary in Long Beach Harbor to Catalina Island and back. Originally held in 1911 this event is steeped in history and promises to challenge all who enter.

The pits are scheduled to open Friday July 7th located directly in front of the Queen Mary. Hotel rooms have been blocked for racers let them know you are part of the event. Air travel to and from the event is very easy book your flights to Long Beach airport and take a shuttle of call us and we'll make sure to arrange pick-up.

We are expecting a good turn-out for our first event as an independent club and appreciate all of those teams that are going to travel to be with us. OSS Teams we will hit the road Monday AM for the 2500 mile run back to Toronto. We should make it by Thursday without much problem.
Sounds like a good event. The best "Poker runs" I have been in have been to the island and back. The water in the channel can be brutal at times. Should be nice to see a real offshore race again like I used to watch as a kid on T.V.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

Catalina Island Rum Run!!

Maximus is right! Let's call out: Reggie, Skip, Terry, Steve, Mike, Speed, Cats, Vees, what ever who ever to bring out your BIG GUNS. And see who's KING of Catalina!!

This would be better than any OSS-SBI BS! Big pacific water! No more crying about press releases, insurance, manufacturers.

GO FRAT
Old 06-21-2006, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by 42MTI
If they don't care if we race or not, then why does my policy state explicidly that races void coverage?
If you think that the insurance companies sit and a room and count the income from these premiums, you are dead wrong. I had a friend get a cancellation notice from Markel after seeing the spread in Hot Boat on his boat. These are not assumptions on my part but facts that myself and many are having to live with and press releases like this won't help the situation.
Policy?? Boat Insurance??? YOU DON'T HAVE A BOAT.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
If they don't care if we race or not, then why does my policy state explicidly that races void coverage?
If you think that the insurance companies sit and a room and count the income from these premiums, you are dead wrong. I had a friend get a cancellation notice from Markel after seeing the spread in Hot Boat on his boat. These are not assumptions on my part but facts that myself and many are having to live with and press releases like this won't help the situation.
My Markel policy doesn't say a word about racing. It says "private pleasure use". I guess you could say that racing wasn't a pleasure use, but thats a pretty vague term. Of course it does say that if theboat is damaged by Atomic anything they won't pay

Ask your friend what he told Markel and what was published in Hot Boat. Lieing about the engine or the boat speed will get you cancelled in a hurry.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by two-air
Catalina Island Rum Run!!

Maximus is right! Let's call out: Reggie, Skip, Terry, Steve, Mike, Speed, Cats, Vees, what ever who ever to bring out your BIG GUNS. And see who's KING of Catalina!!

This would be better than any OSS-SBI BS! Big pacific water! No more crying about press releases, insurance, manufacturers.

GO FRAT

OPBA BOY HEADING OUT WEST!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Now that you know the facts how the hell does this compare to the Speed Racer and Rio roses speed display and a F'n poker run?!?!?!
The point Im gettin is that accidents happen and sometimes you cant do anything to prepare for them regardless of your skill and equipment ..... its the unknown that you cant control. I think with your discription of your accident, you are proving that point as well.

Im pretty sure if we heard where any Nascar, IRL or F1 driver was doing 170 on an open road, and then bragging about it, we'd wouldnt be saying how cool that is either... but then again .. maybe some of you would....
Old 06-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
Policy?? Boat Insurance??? YOU DON'T HAVE A BOAT.

He DOES have a boat, seen it last weekend........
Old 06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
He DOES have a boat, seen it last weekend........
OOOH....he still has his trade-in???
Old 06-21-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Im pretty sure if we heard where any Nascar, IRL or F1 driver was doing 170 on an open road, and then bragging about it, we'd wouldnt be saying how cool that is either... but then again .. maybe some of you would....
No, you are right we wouldn't. Just like it would be dumb for an everyday driver to run his ZO-6 at 170 on the highway.

BUT, how many boats run at speeds at or above 100 mph every day? and water is a lot less controlled surface than pavement.

Point being that Fountain was not the only one running at high speed. We know Speed Racer was. There was an other MTI that posted he was running 150+ when Fountain pulled away, I'd guess Ballistic was running pretty fast, and those are only the bigger named boats that were there. How many more were running at very high speed?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the duke
My Markel policy doesn't say a word about racing. It says "private pleasure use". I guess you could say that racing wasn't a pleasure use, but thats a pretty vague term. Of course it does say that if theboat is damaged by Atomic anything they won't pay .
Wrong again, my policy states : any race or speed contest."

You stated that the insurance companies don't pay any attention to the maginess.The point of my second paragraph was that the insurance do read the magazines and websites.

Last edited by 44MTI; 06-21-2006 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.