Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by the duke
There are multiple stories. Some say that Speed Racer passed him, and then backed off to let him be first to the card stop.
Why would he do that ?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Why would he do that ?
I have no idea. Just one thing I heard from some people that were there. Seems to be the same thing that "Anonymous" posted

Then Speed Racer proceeded to catch the Rio Roses... after Catching the Rio Roses boat, Speed Racer pulled aside his starboard side @ about 145mph and then he picked up his pace.. Speed Racer pulled a head of the Rio Roses and reached a speed of 174 on the gps... Right after Speed Racer reached that speed a blower belt snapped on the starboard motor... and Speed Racer was out of the competition..

Last edited by the duke; 06-17-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NRG
Do you think your rates went up because of a press release? Or because of Fountain? Or is it because boat claims have increased over the years?

I applaud Fountain, My rate went up from all the dumd @sses that bought cat's and killed themselves and others in the early 2000's.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the duke
I have no idea. Just one thing I heard from some people that were there. Seems to be the same thing that "Anonymous" posted
Saw Speed Racer tied to the dock at one of the card stops.

Now I know why....... Thanks....

LS
Old 06-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Anonymous,welcome to OSO but if you tell us who you are you will garner more respect on this website and in the performance boating community. Most all of us on this site know each other.

Now why would Speed Racer throttle back to let Fountain be the 1st to the card stop? I just do not see this happening in an ego filled event such as a Poker Run. Also why is it when someone loses to a Fountain they always say this or that broke?

I do not see anything wrong with the press release by Fountain on the Jacksonville Poker run and their boat called Cat Killer. I can not see how this one deal would change anything in the insurance industry. Some people on this site are just so jealous and are looking at anything to bash Fountain they can not see straight.

Fountain has done a lot for the performance industry and all of us should acknowledge that. Fountain's R&D and support of racing is second to no one.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This NOT about what Fountain has done for the powerboat industry.

Its about a poker run is not a race , So why put a statement out like that.

Mike
Old 06-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Does anyone have any video of the two starts ?
Old 06-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
If it was Fiore, or anyone else but Reggie, everyone on here would be singing the high praises to him.
True words there.
The Fiore ball-washers would be falling over themselves pointing their prayer carpets to Rhode Island, praising Fiore for saving Offshore from the Infidel. . . . Reggie will never get his due. I just plain don't get the hate. An old man sackin up and putting his ass on the line . . . year in, year out. Breaking records, raising the bar. Yeah his mouth gets him in trouble, but he don't write checks his ass can't cash. . . .
There's an old saying: If you don't like the end-zone dance, don't let him score touchdowns.

I pay insurance like everybody else. You can't blame Reggie Fountain for the rates. Blame the dead guys dragged from the harbor, driving at speeds far beyond their capabilities.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
The Fiore ball-washers would be falling over themselves pointing their prayer carpets to Rhode Island, praising Fiore for saving Offshore from the Infidel. . . . Reggie will never get his due.
Haaaa haaaa haaaaa haaaaa....that's some funny chit

Old 06-17-2006, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
True words there.
The Fiore ball-washers would be falling over themselves pointing their prayer carpets to Rhode Island, praising Fiore for saving Offshore from the Infidel. . . . Reggie will never get his due. I just plain don't get the hate. An old man sackin up and putting his ass on the line . . . year in, year out. Breaking records, raising the bar. Yeah his mouth gets him in trouble, but he don't write checks his ass can't cash. . . .
There's an old saying: If you don't like the end-zone dance, don't let him score touchdowns.

I pay insurance like everybody else. You can't blame Reggie Fountain for the rates. Blame the dead guys dragged from the harbor, driving at speeds far beyond their capabilities.
Look it just so happened that it was Reggie that said it, I dont wash anyones sack and the fact remains that statements like that are bad for our sport...Look at the NYC poker run today, no king or queen of the hudson, speeds capped at just over 100. turnout there was horrible, slips were still available. Regardless of whom made the statement it was reckless and without thought. I could forsee insurance regulations within the future that anyone caught in a sanctions event/run/race will be subject to cancellation. Maybe some of you guys need to just admit he screwed up. If some people bash blindly, dont be so fast to protect blindly either.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.