Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Anonymous.....Thank God you held it together in such big water.... WOW!! you are the man
Attached Images  

Last edited by masher44; 06-17-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
, ESPECIALLY after what happened last year at SOTW,.
Accidents like this ARE where problems come in. I've never seen the final reports, but the last things I read said that a inexperienced driver made a sharp turn at high speed, even with a VERY experienced throttle man. Its unlikly that the guys running Fountains boat (and remember, Reggie was NOT in the boat) would make that same mistake.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Anonymous

The rally took place along a 150-mile course on the St. John’s River. Event organizers divided the fleet into two groups, with the 100+ mph boats starting first. The Fountain team was waiting for the pace boat to signal the start when, according to Knight, about 16 boats jumped the gun, gaining a half-mile on the rest of the boats. “We were the seventeenth to start,” Knight said. “Within the first several miles, we had taken over the lead. When we came to the first card stop, there was nobody within half a mile of us.” After Rio Roses Fountain Mercury returned from the checkpoint, Knight reported, “All the big cats were waiting for us at the end of the canal like a street gang.” Due to no-wake zones, the lead changed hands several times, and the big MTI cat Speed Racer gave Rio Roses Fountain Mercury a serious run for its money.

"But the Fountain pulled ahead every time."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This statement is not true.. the Picture thats on the front page of OSO was taken during the first of 2 races with Rio roses.. First race Rio roses pulled out of the cove first and was up on plane then Speed Racer proceeded to follow him and he was doing about 150 at that time as Speed RAcer pulled up next to him... then Speed Racer looked eye to eye and then hammered down... Speed racer began to pull several boat lengths on him... I know this was witnessed by many other people.David woods,and several other people going the other direction..

Where is that video?.. We sure would love to see it...

Then Speed Racer Slowed down for the no wake as the Fountain blew threw the bridge. After Speed Racer went threw the no wake bridge they saw the Ballistic boat Just in front of them.. Speed Racer slowed to about 80 and he didn't want to challenge... Then Speed Racer proceeded to catch the Rio Roses... after Catching the Rio Roses boat, Speed Racer pulled aside his starboard side @ about 145mph and then he picked up his pace.. Speed Racer pulled a head of the Rio Roses and reached a speed of 174 on the gps... Right after Speed Racer reached that speed a blower belt snapped on the starboard motor... and Speed Racer was out of the competition..

I'm sure if the Rio Roses boat wanted to claim his title. "CAT KILLER" .. I heard that the Speed Racer Boat is going to be at the poker run at Lake Of The Ozarks next weekend.. I'm Sure Speed would be up for the Challenge..

“That was the story of the day,” Knight said. “We totally dominated the entire fleet of one hundred and twenty boats.”

Ask Knight to come to lake of the Ozarks... To Back up his Statement..

Old 06-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered

impressive. would rather see ballistic,or speed out front...
Old 06-17-2006, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by the duke
Accidents like this ARE where problems come in. I've never seen the final reports, but the last things I read said that a inexperienced driver made a sharp turn at high speed, even with a VERY experienced throttle man. Its unlikly that the guys running Fountains boat (and remember, Reggie was NOT in the boat) would make that same mistake.
not disagreeing, regardless of how accidents happen, they do...I'll say this once more and then I'm done with it...I dont care if the boat did 200, the fact that a statement was made in print, in a publication that has the potential to do more harm to us than good is the problem, NOT the speed...promote your top speed in any advertisement medium where you pay for advertising. His statements were reckless and uncalled for.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by the duke
There are multiple stories. Some say that Speed Racer passed him, and then backed off to let him be first to the card stop.
Yeah, I see that happening.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
We weren't even on plane yet, we still had at least 1/8 of a mile to the start. He passed us Flying!!!!! He was on plane well into the No wake zone. I think the article is very irresponsible for a man in his position. We are having a hell of a time getting insurance already. He makes it sound like we all showed up in full blown race boats with helmets, jackets and were running over 150. That's not the case. Articles like this can only hurt all of us. My insurance for my motion was $4800 last year. I now pay $17,000 for the new boat. Only one isurance company will even write cats. I hope they don't read his artcle.

That's why I killed my CAT... Insurance turned a fun hobby to a money cruncher, $2500 TO $10,500 IN ONE YEAR NO CLAIMS. The Motion went away.. To a brokerage and gone.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Registered

thanks fred right as allways .
Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM
NRG
Registered

I really can't believe so many would have issues with a statement that reflects "positivley" on the performance boat industry. And from the largest (and most influencial) performance boat manufacturer. I think these press releases are good for most everyone (boat builders, accessory suppliers, OSO, etc). Love Fountain or hate them, the press is a positive story and important to this sport.

What would happen to the performance boat "industry" if the PR circuts shut down? Is today's offshore racing enough to keep the industry alive?

Just something to think about.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:38 PM
NRG
Registered

Insurance turned a fun hobby to a money cruncher, $2500 TO $10,500 IN ONE YEAR NO CLAIMS. The Motion went away..
Do you think your rates went up because of a press release? Or because of Fountain? Or is it because boat claims have increased over the years?

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.