Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Notices

Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Old 06-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Originally Posted by Jassman
Give me some of that stuff you smokin, I'll get right on it, the only call they will be getting is from my attorneys. Jeff
UT OH
Old 06-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Registered

Can you really bump them to 600hp ? How long do they last ?

Do you bump them with boost ?

CM
Old 06-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Jass, call Mastry Engine Center in St. Petersburg, FL. Ask to speak with Adib Mastry.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Jass, call Mastry Engine Center in St. Petersburg, FL. Ask to speak with Adib Mastry.
Mastry and Legendary are the go to guys for Yanmar stuff, Mastry's number is (727)522-9471.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
Mastry and Legendary are the go to guys for Yanmar stuff, Mastry's number is (727)522-9471.
I did speak with Adib Mastry. Super nice guy. Because the injection is electronic and not mechanical there are presently no programs to tune these new 480hp diesels. There company did patten the air tubes, and they will be doing a few things different on that to give me more midrange. This was done on Bill's 42 Diesel Fountain that now goes 90. Adib and Nortech also got the new 39 Nortech that orig. did 78-79, to now do 85. That boat is now in Norway. All without engine tuning. Exhaust will be 6" on my boat, which should help with backpressure. I elected to take the notch out of the transom and also raised the drives 1/4". With a lighter layup approx weight savings will be 1000 less pounds. I'm Very excited, at 68-70mph cruise I will be burning 16 gallons per side, 80 plus will be the goal for top speed. I know it's not fast by todays standards. (you always want more) What Im looking for is reliability, insurability, better cruise speeds, less fuel burn, which means more poker runs and time out on the water. Jeff
Old 08-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Any updates by chance. Thanks Guys.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Unhappy Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Jassman if Mastry says nothing can be done , that's it . They are the more performance oriented Yanmar dealer in the world. Actualy they are officialy the biggest dealer in the WORLD.

Last edited by Zero Cavity; 08-03-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
I did speak with Adib Mastry. Super nice guy. Because the injection is electronic and not mechanical there are presently no programs to tune these new 480hp diesels. There company did patten the air tubes, and they will be doing a few things different on that to give me more midrange. This was done on Bill's 42 Diesel Fountain that now goes 90. Adib and Nortech also got the new 39 Nortech that orig. did 78-79, to now do 85. That boat is now in Norway. All without engine tuning. Exhaust will be 6" on my boat, which should help with backpressure. I elected to take the notch out of the transom and also raised the drives 1/4". With a lighter layup approx weight savings will be 1000 less pounds. I'm Very excited, at 68-70mph cruise I will be burning 16 gallons per side, 80 plus will be the goal for top speed. I know it's not fast by todays standards. (you always want more) What Im looking for is reliability, insurability, better cruise speeds, less fuel burn, which means more poker runs and time out on the water. Jeff
Wow - that sounds pretty amazing Jeff, Can't wait to see some pics of it finished in the water. Damn, at 16gph / per side you could cruise to Grand Cayman and back!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Zero Cavity
Jassman if Mastry says nothing can be done , that's it . They are the more performance oriented Yanmar dealer in the world. Actualy they are officialy the biggest dealer in the WORLD.
Adib told me that at the time nothing was out, but probably by the time the NorTech was finished. He must be on vacation cause I left 2 messages. No bg deal, so thats why I posted on the board, in case there are a few other diesel experts out there, Like Super-T.- Ivan that might know something different. JJ
Old 08-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sign4boat
Hows it looking for the Emerald Coast PR? Can't wait to see this boat!!!
I wont make that PR, boat per Terry will be done around week of the 14th, and then off to Pat at Active Thunder for paint, I imagine that will take another 2 weeks. Just in time for the sarasota PR. Thanks Jeff

DoTheMath, I did the math, thats why I went diesels this time, plus the longevity, and I believe if set up and maintained properly I should, or the next buyer should have years of trouble free boating. Thanks Jeff