Like Tree0Likes

Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Reply
Old 06-18-2006, 10:43 PM
  #11
Registered
 
cosmic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Syracuse N.Y.
My Boats: Dreaming of a 32 AT
Posts: 4,951
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
Give me some of that stuff you smokin, I'll get right on it, the only call they will be getting is from my attorneys. Jeff
UT OH
cosmic12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:34 AM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: houston tx
Posts: 935
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Can you really bump them to 600hp ? How long do they last ?

Do you bump them with boost ?

CM
yahoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:43 AM
  #13
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Jass, call Mastry Engine Center in St. Petersburg, FL. Ask to speak with Adib Mastry.
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:49 PM
  #14
Registered
 
hillbilly24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,358
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike
Jass, call Mastry Engine Center in St. Petersburg, FL. Ask to speak with Adib Mastry.
Mastry and Legendary are the go to guys for Yanmar stuff, Mastry's number is (727)522-9471.
hillbilly24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:20 PM
  #15
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly24
Mastry and Legendary are the go to guys for Yanmar stuff, Mastry's number is (727)522-9471.
I did speak with Adib Mastry. Super nice guy. Because the injection is electronic and not mechanical there are presently no programs to tune these new 480hp diesels. There company did patten the air tubes, and they will be doing a few things different on that to give me more midrange. This was done on Bill's 42 Diesel Fountain that now goes 90. Adib and Nortech also got the new 39 Nortech that orig. did 78-79, to now do 85. That boat is now in Norway. All without engine tuning. Exhaust will be 6" on my boat, which should help with backpressure. I elected to take the notch out of the transom and also raised the drives 1/4". With a lighter layup approx weight savings will be 1000 less pounds. I'm Very excited, at 68-70mph cruise I will be burning 16 gallons per side, 80 plus will be the goal for top speed. I know it's not fast by todays standards. (you always want more) What Im looking for is reliability, insurability, better cruise speeds, less fuel burn, which means more poker runs and time out on the water. Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
  #16
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Any updates by chance. Thanks Guys.
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:57 AM
  #17
Charter Member#350
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 378
Unhappy Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Jassman if Mastry says nothing can be done , that's it . They are the more performance oriented Yanmar dealer in the world. Actualy they are officialy the biggest dealer in the WORLD.

Last edited by Zero Cavity; 08-03-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Zero Cavity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
  #18
Registered
Gold Member
 
DoTheMath's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ma. / Lake Winni., NH
Posts: 1,803
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
I did speak with Adib Mastry. Super nice guy. Because the injection is electronic and not mechanical there are presently no programs to tune these new 480hp diesels. There company did patten the air tubes, and they will be doing a few things different on that to give me more midrange. This was done on Bill's 42 Diesel Fountain that now goes 90. Adib and Nortech also got the new 39 Nortech that orig. did 78-79, to now do 85. That boat is now in Norway. All without engine tuning. Exhaust will be 6" on my boat, which should help with backpressure. I elected to take the notch out of the transom and also raised the drives 1/4". With a lighter layup approx weight savings will be 1000 less pounds. I'm Very excited, at 68-70mph cruise I will be burning 16 gallons per side, 80 plus will be the goal for top speed. I know it's not fast by todays standards. (you always want more) What Im looking for is reliability, insurability, better cruise speeds, less fuel burn, which means more poker runs and time out on the water. Jeff
Wow - that sounds pretty amazing Jeff, Can't wait to see some pics of it finished in the water. Damn, at 16gph / per side you could cruise to Grand Cayman and back!
DoTheMath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:43 PM
  #19
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cavity
Jassman if Mastry says nothing can be done , that's it . They are the more performance oriented Yanmar dealer in the world. Actualy they are officialy the biggest dealer in the WORLD.
Adib told me that at the time nothing was out, but probably by the time the NorTech was finished. He must be on vacation cause I left 2 messages. No bg deal, so thats why I posted on the board, in case there are a few other diesel experts out there, Like Super-T.- Ivan that might know something different. JJ
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:45 PM
  #20
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Chips for electronic management on Yanmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sign4boat
Hows it looking for the Emerald Coast PR? Can't wait to see this boat!!!
I wont make that PR, boat per Terry will be done around week of the 14th, and then off to Pat at Active Thunder for paint, I imagine that will take another 2 weeks. Just in time for the sarasota PR. Thanks Jeff


DoTheMath, I did the math, thats why I went diesels this time, plus the longevity, and I believe if set up and maintained properly I should, or the next buyer should have years of trouble free boating. Thanks Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Stormrider
Nor-Tech
0
04-22-2007 10:26 PM
MikeStar
General Boating Discussion
6
03-05-2002 03:32 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.