Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nyc Poker Run Get The Message! >

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Notices

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Old 06-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Maybe the Promoters should have told the entrents to stay on one side of the river. Is it right for all of the participants to be spread out across the river. The people boating on the river have just as much a right to be there as the Poker Runners...

Old 06-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TSPM
NO what I am am saying is that some of the spectators are there for a reason. They know the evernt is happening and they are there to see it close up and to film it for the sake of entertainment at the expense of safety. It is one day of sport and YES the river is for all to enjoy
There is a difference here Don
Old 06-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Titan
Maybe the Promoters should have told the entrents to stay on one side of the river. Is it right for all of the participants to be spread out across the river. The people boating on the river have just as much a right to be there as the Poker Runners...

...and yes there should be spotter boats throughout the run as I said earlier.....like NJPPC uses to control the spectator boats. That I agree with.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
Were you at NYC run Don??

I showed up right before the start.. Hung out with some of the guys up by the Tappen Zee Bridge.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by the duke
Other parts of the country are not NYC. You keep making mention of the poker run course. Its not a course, its the Hudson River in NYC. If you want to run a closed corse, go racing. If you want to run in the NYC poker run you are gonna have a lot of other boats in the way. I didn't say its right, its just a fact of NY life.

Because you are in a poker run, what gives you more rights than the other boats on the river? The poker run boats are spread out across a lot of th eriver. So what you are really saying is they nead to stay off th eriver because you paid to be there, and they didn't.
I do believe it is up to the Army Corp Of Engineers, not the county...........They cater to the offshore crew............ya right.
The big loud boats are loved by all. The backbone of the U.S.A. Shucks if you dont believe me see the plaque on 188th street. You all remember that thread...........m.m......

Last edited by el indio; 06-18-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Holy chit . It's just another poker run. You entered or you didn't .Who cares? Poor Billy he put on the best run he could the way he thought best.That's it .If there where no boats the guys that just watched at the bridge would have had nothing to see.The guys that entered would have nowhere to go.Enough already lets look forward to the next event that you or I wish to attend or to watch.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:07 PM
DJD
Registered

As far as the hotdogs and hamburgers remark, I had dinner there Friday night while listening to an Excellent band!! I didn't see any hotdogs or burgers. There was a nice variety of food to choose from and it was very good!
As far as renting out the Hall located there, I'm sure it would have been much more than the tent cost.
I thought it was a great run except for the 15 or so boats that decided to run off on their own well before the other boats were let loose.
Great job as usual Billy!!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I to had dinner Friday night and enjoy it and the band.But I was one of the 15 or so boats that decided to run off as you say.That's not the way it happened.If you where up front with us whos to say what you would have done? Billy should have been out there sooner. I should have stopped and waited. I'am tried of all the judgment's.This was my 6th NYC run as will as Glen cove and Manhasette run maybe Billy dosen't want my 2 grand a year anymore ? I'll have to call him a see If he wants me to stay home after this one screw up.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a great time. And about the boats being in the way...I was Haulin azz and never had any problems with other boats the entire run. DJD...is your boat the splattered Top Gun that you can see on the lifted dock from I-95 North by exit 5?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I to was flying up the river and back.92 to101 but when I saw some boats in my path I pulled the sticks back Duh.

Quick Reply: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.