Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nyc Poker Run Get The Message! >

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Notices

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Old 06-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Sounds like a good idea. Last sat was my day to play so I probably will have to take it easy becasue Nicole will be with me. But if I get my windscreens this week she should be a lot happier without the wind blasting her in the face....

I will be out there Fri night. If you and the wife can join us we probably are going to Superica for Dinner ..
Old 06-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Titan
I have to agree with Pure Energy...

A poker run is supposed to be about fun and comrodery. Not who has the most cash in there pocket. The best times I have had with other Boaters on the water is cruising around and having lunch some where. Not who can blow up there rig first by pushing it to the limits for 75 to 80 miles...

Couldn't agree more dude !
Old 06-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

We went as spectators. Took the ferry over from manhatten. Since we are from out of state, would we tow the boat 500 miles to do the run, probably not. I couldnt justify it to run up the river and to turn around with out stopping in a three hour period. But would love to have the boat there and cruz the whole tri state area some day, It has to be great!!! Or even have the boat there and hang at the sandbar and watch the boats come and go. Would I try running beside them, No, Its just me but i dont think it would be right, especially if i wasnt at the drivers meeting to know what the rules and directions were other than putting down the sticks. With all that said, We did have a great time and cant wait to for next year. Thanks Billy for putting it on and thanks to all the guys that showed up. The Machinery was bad. The weather was great. The Beer was cold. And The boats were Loud, What more Could i ask for????????????
Jr.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Yes...thank you...dee and mtm.......and you too stecz....
Tom,

Good seeing ya this weekend. I felt bad cause JC called me at 1:15, probably when we were on our way back, I could have picked you up. I didn't see the missed call until 6:30 pm...

But I guess Sis and MTM took care of it.

I'll be in Point next Sunday, still not sure if I'm taking the boat or not.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by gotime34
I had a great time. And about the boats being in the way...I was Haulin azz and never had any problems with other boats the entire run. DJD...is your boat the splattered Top Gun that you can see on the lifted dock from I-95 North by exit 5?
Not mine but a nice boat! I am currently performance boat challenged. I have OPFB's (other peoples fast boats) as well as my 50 Bertram.
Dave
Old 06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered

I'm not gonna tak about cost it is what it is you want to play you gotta pay.
As far as the Poker runners controlling the river. Its not the people running their boats that are the problem and its not just this weekend its every day. Some Captains think its their right to block a shipping channel just because they feel like it. there was a big cruiser anchored just north of the Tapanzee bridge right in the way that did not need to be there. He caused everybody runnin under that bridge to go around him, particapants and other boaters and thats just not right. There was plenty of places where spectators were sitting off to the side of the river. Thats comon courtesy and respectful of fellow boaters. There are few people on here who sound like they are just like the guy blocking the channel, disrespectful just cause they can be.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:25 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
Would you disregard a post from Reggie Fountain because it was his 1st??.
I would........

T2x
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
There are few people on here who sound like they are just like the guy blocking the channel, disrespectful just cause they can be.
Well call me disrespectful! I WAS in the middle of the channel about 1/2 a mile north of the George Washington Bridge (not anchored) on my 50' Bretram so the poker runners could get close up video footage. I had several camera men as well as a gentleman from Powerboat Digest covering the run.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DJD
Well call me disrespectful! I WAS in the middle of the channel about 1/2 a mile north of the George Washington Bridge (not anchored) on my 50' Bretram so the poker runners could get close up video footage. I had several camera men as well as a gentleman from Powerboat Digest covering the run.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

First your boat is not the one I was talking about. I know the difference between anchored and drifting. I also know the diference between the George Washington bridge and the Tapanzee. A 1/2 mile away from a bridge couldn't be called blocking a five mile wide river. Now the idiot I was talking about was about a hundred yards north of the tapenzee and he was anchored. How many times have you tried to navigate an inlet or narrow channel with your boat and had some idiot block the way just because he wanted to.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:10 PM
DJD
Registered

Just a thought on the price to play. I know $700 is a bit more than most runs but think of this. How much does Billy pay for:

Transient dockage in the NYC area?
Insurance
Space rental for the tent, trucks, trailors, motor homes and cars from Liberty Landing Marina?
Food
The band
the video and picture production

I'm sure I'm leaving things out but really, I know other runs have the same things involved but think about where this is happening. It's not the cheapest place in the world.

Quick Reply: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.