Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Poker Run with Historic Racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133063-nyc-poker-run-historic-racers.html)

Top Banana 06-18-2006 12:37 PM

NYC Poker Run with Historic Racers

3 Attachment(s)
This was the first event for the Historic Offshore Race Boat Association. HORBA

www.historicraceboats.com

I was happy to meet all the OSO members that stopped by our booth and gave us kind words of encouragement to keep these old boats alive.

A big thanks, to Kurt Berger for bringing Dry Martini to run in the event and Dave Bennett for bringing the old INFERNO , now Notorious, as a dry land display.

A lot of impressive hardware was on hand, and Billy Frenz did his usual excellent job of putting on an event. Many thanks to him also, for allowing us to come with some of these old boats.

littlenige 06-18-2006 02:33 PM

Re: NYC Poker Run with Historic Racers

Charlie - any more photographs?? Love them so far!

Top Banana 06-18-2006 02:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by littlenige
Charlie - any more photographs?? Love them so far!

Thanks Nige

A boating magazine is doing an article on HORBA and the old boats at this event, so I don't want to show any of the photos I've given them, but here are a few more that they didn't need.

Top Banana 06-18-2006 02:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more.

Top Banana 06-18-2006 02:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And of course some of the modern poker runners.

lucky strike 06-18-2006 03:41 PM

Thanks Top Banana !

Shane 06-18-2006 04:01 PM

WOW! The old INFERNO! I have some memories racing that old timer. Whoever bought it, sure put a TREMENDOUS amount of work into her and she looks BEAUTIFUL! :cool:

818181 06-18-2006 07:58 PM

Charlie, First I'd like to say "Thanks" for all your hard work in getting H.O.R.B.A. "UP" and "Running ,and for inviting me to this event! It was great to meet both you and your wife! Also to Billy Frenz for giving me a spot to show my boat! As alway's he put's on a great show. Hopefully this is just the beginning of great things to come! Your knowledge of older Offshore boat's is truly amazing. As I said just the old picture's John Crouse has given you are a rare find! Anyone who is into older boats , and loves the history, should check them out!! Again ,Thanks for all your Help! Dave Bennette

JROMY 06-18-2006 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful work with the old boats. Here's a couple in water shots...

ratman 06-18-2006 08:04 PM

nice job charlie