XM or Sirius for my boat.........

Notices

XM or Sirius for my boat.........

Old 06-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: XM or Sirius for my boat.........

Originally Posted by sleek1
Sirrius in my truck and in the boat... it's good. Technically, Sirrius has 3 satelites that are positioned over North America. XM 2 satelites over the Equater. No rocket scientist but I would think recteption would be better with Sirrius especially out west when you may be boating in canyons and mountians possibly blocking signals.
XM has the stronger signal. Sirius is putting up another sat to give them better coverage. Xm's sat is in the same direction as Direct tv. Sirius is over the north middle of the country. All I know here in the north east is when we install sirius (any brand) in a car at my shop we have to pull the car outside to get the reciever to update. Xm works in the building every time. As far as the programming , listen on the web and see for yourself. The choice is 6 to 1 , half dozen to the other.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

Default Re: XM or Sirius for my boat.........

Originally Posted by Shorgasm
Anyone got the S50?....
S50 is pretty cool. Like a cross between a mp3 player and a sat reciever. Record your programming and go portable. Not live in portable though. Pioneer inno on xm has that. $100 rebate on the s50 right now makes it a good deal though!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shorgasm
I'm thinking about the S50 with two docks..I'm not real into the FM modulator so is there any other option to hook it straight to my Alpine HU?.
They ahve a wired fm mod that works good and is cheap. If your alpine is a newer one (or ai net) you can get a aux in cable.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

My Alpine is an older unit but it has the Ai-net so I can get the adapter to hardwire and totally bypass the Fm mod..which is what I am after..