Royal Purple Poker Run - Blind River Bar rant

Notices

Royal Purple Poker Run - Blind River Bar rant

Old 06-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Royal Purple Poker Run - Blind River Bar rant

X-Rated 30,
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at BRB. I've known Mary Ann for years and have always been treated great. I have to agree with JMeng. All her supplies are brought in by boat and all trash is taken out by boat. It must be a blanket policy. Try to put yourself in her shoes. If everyone leaves some type of trash at her place from their boats, that means just more work for her. I'm sure she did not mean to offend you.

There are several bars up river past BRB and I think you all would enjoy visiting them all. You will also get to see more of the water ways that we are blessed with. With in a 10 mile area or so you have, Canal Bank, Hilltop, The Dock, Smugglers Cove and Freds, just to name a few. I've passed many a good time at all!!!!!!

Last edited by Julio; 06-19-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Julio
If everyone leaves some type of trash at her place from their boats, that means just more work for her.
Don't worry -- I promise not to make ANY more work for her.

I dunno, as if offending a paying customer wasn't enough, I just feel like if we are going to keep our waterways clean, we should ENCOURAGE boaters to use trash cans. I think that's one of the things that bothered me -- she had a "not my problem" kind of attitude. Call me a tree hugger.

I will try some of those other places though. I didn't know they were there.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Julio
Try to put yourself in her shoes. If everyone leaves some type of trash at her place from their boats, that means just more work for her. I'm sure she did not mean to offend you.
Ok... so the logic here is that the paying and tipping customer has to sympathize with the logistic issues of the business?

Perhaps this is HER problem.... NOT X-r30.

Maybe she needs to hire a bigger trash boat.

If she is your good buddy... and hence she treats you well... you might want to let her know that her rudeness and arrogance are now lengendary, worldwide.

Just another case of those dam customers making work for the business.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Registered

Here is an e-mail I got yesterday (edited to protect sender's identity):

Cameron, I deal with that treatment every week. There is no excuse for this. Two weekends ago I made a stop at her bar to get food and drinks with [friends] they were a great group. They all bought worm buckets and food. They took there food and drinks back on my boat to eat. I was at the bar waiting for my food to get ready as I was [talking to the owner]. I just had to set the mood before I told you her response. She looked at me and said Did you tell those people they couldn't go back on your boat to eat or drink once docked at my bar. I took a deep breath and replied they are eating and drinking what they just purchased at your bar. She said oh. I really was livid I couldn't speak I just loaded up my crew and headed to the sand bar. This is just a weekly thing I go through. Its hard to [patronize] that bar. Its been going down hill since last year. I know she is tired and wants out, however she need to drop the price of the place so it will sell and stop dragging the name of the bar down. By the way I [saw] that happen to you.I told my [friend] look she is doing it again. She won't see him in here again. I don't blame you I just can't say anything because I work [around here]. I try to keep a good repor with everyone. Really I thought she just treated me like that. Sorry you had to deal with it.
[signed]

Old 06-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30

Cameron, I deal with that treatment every week. There is no excuse for this. Two weekends ago I made a stop at her bar to get food and drinks with [friends] they were a great group. They all bought worm buckets and food. They took there food and drinks back on my boat to eat. I was at the bar waiting for my food to get ready as I was [talking to the owner]. I just had to set the mood before I told you her response. She looked at me and said Did you tell those people they couldn't go back on your boat to eat or drink once docked at my bar. I took a deep breath and replied they are eating and drinking what they just purchased at your bar. She said oh. I really was livid I couldn't speak I just loaded up my crew and headed to the sand bar. This is just a weekly thing I go through. Its hard to [patronize] that bar. Its been going down hill since last year. I know she is tired and wants out, however she need to drop the price of the place so it will sell and stop dragging the name of the bar down. By the way I [saw] that happen to you.I told my [friend] look she is doing it again. She won't see him in here again. I don't blame you I just can't say anything because I work [around here]. I try to keep a good repor with everyone. Really I thought she just treated me like that. Sorry you had to deal with it.
[signed]

I dont think they sell worm buckets there do they???

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

I dunno, but I am not going back to check. They did have something frozen, I thought.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Registered

That person called me to tell me that story, I told em about u and they had heard, news travels quick on the bayou. Thanks for not mentioning their names.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

[signed]

If the word got around, sales would drop, profit would ultimately drop, sales price of property would drop enough so she would have to sell it. BTW how much does she want for it, where can I find the listening. Thanks Jeff
Old 06-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dunno, but I am not going back to check. They did have something frozen, I thought.
The Prop Stop has the worm buckets and it aint frozen except for the ice in it . Get your facts straight eggbeater boy

It sounds like there on the way out anyway

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
The Prop Stop has the worm buckets and it aint frozen except for the ice in it . Get your facts straight eggbeater boy

It sounds like there on the way out anyway
Cameron, do you have one eggbeater now or two?

Quick Reply: Royal Purple Poker Run - Blind River Bar rant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.