Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
40 fiore w/ cobra trips  (YES/NO) >

40 fiore w/ cobra trips (YES/NO)

Notices

40 fiore w/ cobra trips (YES/NO)

Old 06-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 fiore w/ cobra trips (YES/NO)

Inquiring about the 40 fiore.. http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8042.html ....
This boat looks to be awesome does any body have any "dirt" on it...also insurance is becoming an issue...not able to find insurance here in minnesota for about of this HP/speed....
Old 06-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered

Default Re: 40 fiore w/ cobra trips (YES/NO)

Originally Posted by raye
Inquiring about the 40 fiore.. http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8042.html ....
This boat looks to be awesome does any body have any "dirt" on it...also insurance is becoming an issue...not able to find insurance here in minnesota for about of this HP/speed....
You might want to contact grand illusion from the board. He's from MN and sold his 40 a few years ago and bought a 50.

Here is the 40 that he sold.

http://www.lake-minnetonka.net/grandillusion.htm

Here are some pictures of the 50 he now owns.
Attached Thumbnails 40 fiore w/ cobra trips  (YES/NO)-04hustler.jpg   40 fiore w/ cobra trips  (YES/NO)-05nastygirl.jpg   40 fiore w/ cobra trips  (YES/NO)-05nastygilrmotors.jpg  

Last edited by Caincando1; 06-19-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by raye
Dirt.....National marine repo. Bought from bank, had one bad motor, motors been fixed, seems like a nice boat. but like any use boat you need a good survey done that includes a motors and drives, not just a hull survey. I think I know who owned it that traded it into National if you want his # PM me.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I meet the guy who bought the first boat with the spider web design, he lives in southern Maine he has done a little more work on it before he puts it in. I believe triple 800hp and it will run close to 100? A beautiful boat I would hate to see that gas bill
Attached Thumbnails 40 fiore w/ cobra trips  (YES/NO)-04hustler-large-.jpg  
Old 06-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally would prefer twinns over tripples
Old 06-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We have a 1997 Hustler 40 Fiore with TWIN 500s. Insurance is $2200/year with a lay-up (we are in the Chicago area). I have heard that triples are harder to insure, but that can be answered by the insurance guys. We use Worldwide (Bob Luellen)... great person to work with.

Overall, it is a great running boat and is built very strong. With only two engines, the engine bay is huge. Cabin is great! I am 6'4" and can stand up in the back portion of the cabin and in the head. The head has a lot of room in it for showering et. al. The twin engine application runs flat and smooth with zero handling issues. I have not driven a triple, but would imagine it runs nicely. I would assume the early 37' Outerlimits were based (in part) off of the 40' Hustler design (they both have a distinct single step design).

If you are in the area, you can take a look at mine for comparison. PM me with questions.

Good luck.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Bravo 1's?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
We have a 1997 Hustler 40 Fiore with TWIN 500s. Insurance is $2200/year with a lay-up (we are in the Chicago area). I have heard that triples are harder to insure, but that can be answered by the insurance guys. We use Worldwide (Bob Luellen)... great person to work with.

Overall, it is a great running boat and is built very strong. With only two engines, the engine bay is huge. Cabin is great! I am 6'4" and can stand up in the back portion of the cabin and in the head. The head has a lot of room in it for showering et. al. The twin engine application runs flat and smooth with zero handling issues. I have not driven a triple, but would imagine it runs nicely. I would assume the early 37' Outerlimits were based (in part) off of the 40' Hustler design (they both have a distinct single step design).

If you are in the area, you can take a look at mine for comparison. PM me with questions.

Good luck.

1. Yes, I agree trips are harder to insure, I know some one who just went through with that.
2. Keep in mind, if you decide to meticulously maintain the boat yourself, working in the billge with three engines is no fun an very hard

Jr.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Registered

J-bonz
this boat came from warren ohio (national marine repo.) did you hear or see of it???
Old 06-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I did see a 40ft they had on the property right before things got ugly. It didn't have the web paint scheme though. It did have triples.
The cabin was kind of torn apart/looked like it was getting worked on. The worst part of the boat i saw was the cockpit floor, instead of fiberglass, it had textured bathroom fiberglass wall covering glued to the floor.
Well, this info really wont help you all that much except help convince you to look into a surveyor if your serious. good luck
Jr.

Quick Reply: 40 fiore w/ cobra trips (YES/NO)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.