Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wouldn't you rather have split front seats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133174-wouldnt-you-rather-have-split-front-seats.html)

RJ1340 06-19-2006 04:13 PM

Wouldn't you rather have split front seats?

Is it just me, or are there other people out there who can't understand why some boatbuilders are still putting the loveseats at the helm with a port side cabin entry instead of split seating with a center cabin companionway?
Its nice cruising along with my wife right next to me (sometimes), but not worth the times when her douchebag cousin is sitting next to me asking what kind of mileage the boat gets or when I have to squeeze out to grab a line, attach a fender, get the gas key, grab the first aid kit or whatever.
What's your opinion?

bouyhunter 06-19-2006 05:30 PM

Re: Wouldn't you rather have split front seats?

I've never owned one, but I wouldn't mind it because my wife is ALWAYS on the boat with me. I kinda like it that way.
If you need to get lines or anything with your cousin, or anyone else in that seat, make them get it, or make them move.
Just my opinion, and that may be changed if I owned a boat set up that way.
It seems like it would make for a nicer cabin layout - but unsure of weight distribution through the boat.

bouyhunter 06-19-2006 05:31 PM

BTW - what did you do to earn the avatar?? Which thread?

onesickpantera 06-19-2006 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by RJ1340
Is it just me, or are there other people out there who can't understand why some boatbuilders are still putting the loveseats at the helm with a port side cabin entry instead of split seating with a center cabin companionway?
Its nice cruising along with my wife right next to me (sometimes), but not worth the times when her douchebag cousin is sitting next to me asking what kind of mileage the boat gets or when I have to squeeze out to grab a line, attach a fender, get the gas key, grab the first aid kit or whatever.
What's your opinion?

Not trying to step on any toes but IMO I think the "loveseats" look ridiculous.

Strip Poker 388 06-19-2006 05:37 PM

I dont like them.

US1 Fountain 06-19-2006 05:43 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with them. :evilb:

Sydwayz 06-19-2006 05:47 PM

I love mine; and would not want any other configuration. Not only to I get to see the boobies of my female first mate while driving, but I can touch them too.

Enough said.

(Not to mention it really makes the cabin layout roomy and comfortable; as in you can really stand up in the head of my boat for instance.)
http://members.cox.net/activethunder37/photo.htm

rush 06-19-2006 05:53 PM

I mostly have my girl with me, But sometimes my little fat buddy rides with me and the "lLove seat" is NOT where I want him!

Jassman 06-19-2006 05:56 PM

I dont have a problem with them. Teach your wife to put the fenders on the boat, secure a line and tie the boat up to the dock. Mine does, I dont have to do anything other than drive.
Another reason is when entering the cabin on the port side, that enables the builder to make the head that much larger, which the girls do like. Come to think of it when Strip was on my boat he was always trying to sit next to me :eek: :D Jeff

wrinkleface 06-19-2006 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by rush
I mostly have my girl with me, But sometimes my little fat buddy rides with me and the "lLove seat" is NOT where I want him!

Get rid of the of the little fat buddy!!! :p