Nyc Poker Run Get The Message! >

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Notices

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Old 06-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

I beilieve that it's a sign of the times with the New York Poker Run. There could not have been better conditions than yesterday, and with a turn out of half from previous runs, former participants would rather spread the expenses to more running time, and not an expensive BBQ. I hope that the other event planners learn from this, and not price them self out to a point, where people say, I'd rather save it for fuel and other unforseen mecahnicals. Don't misunderstand me this events does cost money to run, but not anywhere near all said and done these prices. I saved at least $1000, by not participating and still had a great day by running in the city, no I did not have any pics of my boat from a helicopter,(this year) and did miss the hotdogs as well, but what the hell. There are other clubs such as Ferrari and Porsche that have events that don't cost anywhere near these prices, including Track Time.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Registered

Default Re: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

125. poker run is just as fun as 600. run.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

If you have a boat capable of running in the in any poker run and elect not to pay and just run with the paying boats than I feel you are being cheap. If you can afford the boat you can afford any poker run. The promoters go thru alot of time, effort and money to put these on and for you to bypass that and just run along side is wrong. I guess it is time to sell your boat and run in your car clubs, You can team up with Jeffrey Chang and Gary Sanchez and hang out at starbucks coffee houses comparing your car payments.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
If you have a boat capable of running in the in any poker run and elect not to pay and just run with the paying boats than I feel you are being cheap. If you can afford the boat you can afford any poker run. The promoters go thru alot of time, effort and money to put these on and for you to bypass that and just run along side is wrong. I guess it is time to sell your boat and run in your car clubs, You can team up with Jeffrey Chang and Gary Sanchez and hang out at starbucks coffee houses comparing your car payments.
Dude, put down the powerboat and step away.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see where he said he ran beside them.
I've been out on the water to watch the poker runners go by, then go about enjoying my day. I've also been in a poker run had mechanicle troubles and watched them all go by me. Which day do you think I enjoyed more?
I agree with Spyder360
Old 06-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
If you can afford the boat you can afford any poker run..
Man, I hate that statement!!! Should people with boats bring bags of money with them and toss it in the air as they cruise along??? I choose what I spend my money on, and no I don't have a bottomless pit!!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Registered

I have to agree with Pure Energy...

A poker run is supposed to be about fun and comrodery. Not who has the most cash in there pocket. The best times I have had with other Boaters on the water is cruising around and having lunch some where. Not who can blow up there rig first by pushing it to the limits for 75 to 80 miles...
Old 06-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned

I guess I will delete my upper post
Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Banned

to me a poker run is not about who has the most money or the biggest boat. a poker run is a way for boaters to get together and have a great weekend hell I have done most of my poker runs from a sea ray, not a 100 mph boat. I am looking from the prospective of having helped put on the scope poker run and its enjoyment watching everyone have a great time. Wether its a poker run or just a get together you are always going to have certain boaters trying to show off
Old 06-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Registered

I did the NYC run once. I wouldn't do it again. most expensive run out there, and you get hot dogs and hamburgers. I'd rather go on 2 other poker runs for the same cost as the nyc run.....and eat better at the other runs.

Quick Reply: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.