Old 12-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
wow....

where did that bad azz sliver 1 go???
France

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-31-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
The 42' Chief may be a great looking, running boat-but who's going to want a "one off" boat that the company isn't in business anymore (at least actively making boats) and what's the re-sale value going to be?

Not trying to reign on your parade, just making a logical point.
Semper Fi

You have a good point

The equiptment (motors, drives Hardware,trailer ect..) have good value and the hull has some as well

It will not comand the top dollor that a new boat can or that a used main stream boat would

but if someone is looking for an old school style (With steps in it) that handles like its ansestors than it may be right for that person

It is a tough sale that is for sure but there is a rear for every seat we just need to find that guy or girl
Old 12-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther

bottom line... if anyone wants to know the real story, just pick up the phone...

Apache folks always say that!!! So you know what........I picked up my phone, I even carried as far as the cord would reach, but I still didn't get the real story! Maybe I would have used an "old school" rotary dial phone?

Old 12-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Semper Fi

You have a good point

The equiptment (motors, drives Hardware,trailer ect..) have good value and the hull has some as well

It will not comand the top dollor that a new boat can or that a used main stream boat would

but if someone is looking for an old school style (With steps in it) that handles like its ansestors than it may be right for that person

It is a tough sale that is for sure but there is a rear for every seat we just need to find that guy or girl
I know--I sold my 33' race Powerplay last year--it took a while and the right person for sure! Best of luck selling the boat.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Apache folks always say that!!! So you know what........I picked up my phone, I even carried as far as the cord would reach, but I still didn't get the real story! Maybe I would have used an "old school" rotary dial phone?

ahhhhhhhhhh Nort, you carck me up! Happy holidays to you and your family! ...and all of OSO
Old 12-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
every thing that you have said here is just about the people, not the concept, i have to disagree wholeheartedly that people dont want old school looks with todays technology. Just the right people havent done it. As with Parn's post and what I told yoou in chat, you cant hold everyone responsible for the actions of one/few people. As for Chief, I dont know all of the details so I wont comment, but the boat is an albatross, albeit a very good one, it needs to have the right buyer, Mike seems like a great guy and I wish him the best in selling it.
As for old school new, taking an older mold and building it with todays tech is probably the dream of more than most on this site. I see it growing, it will take time. Mark Mc Manus has always had the ability to build a new boat, but why not wait for the customer, I've never heard him turning anyone down.? if someone called him and wanted one, I'm quite sure his response was , "sure thing" Why would he turn away taking care of the existing tribe? no need to, it means plenty for a buyer to know that their boat went back to Apache to be serviced, whether they built it or not, the standards still apply.
Personnaly, I think the market for pro-touring boats has only been scratched....build them, they will come.
I agree

and am not speeking out of school
it was my opinion on what boat companies have died

if they come back to life then that is great we will all support em (Well most will) and hope for the best

McManus continues to build great boats and maintains many of the old boats out there They are alive and visably working on projects I look forward to seeing his work

Also i cant wait to see the new and improved Banana boat
Old 12-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

The rotary may have worked better! As a matter of fact, I think it's an option in the new apaches!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
I agree

Also i cant wait to see the new and improved Banana boat
Marc, what's the deal bro.... First Chief, then the Warf and and lastly Trick?

About the Banana, I had a convo with the man himself in Patchogue and I understand there might be a joint venture of sorts...with some of the legends....
Old 12-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

May have to go back farther.... Remember the Party lines?
Old 12-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Audiofn
May have to go back farther.... Remember the Party lines?
elkskin drums

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-31-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 42' Chief First Mohican...Update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.