Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them? >

Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them?

Notices

Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them?

Old 06-22-2006, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them?

Originally Posted by CMG
contact Bobthebuilder, he just put a set on his for a lake trip in NH and liked em
Just installed mine last week when we went to Lake Winnipesaukee. It is unbelievable the difference. With mine they can come off in 20 minutes if I'm in an area where noise is not an issue. Wish I had put them on long ago.
My top end speed was off about 3 MPH and I am not sure yet if this was a factor or not.

Funny story here. 8 o'clock Sunday morning we are putting the boat on the trailer for the trip home. Truck is spinning his wheels at the ramp so I put the drives in gear to help push the truck up the ramp. As we came up the ramp I,m still on the throttles and the tips came out of the water. Sounded like a bomb went off till I got her shut down. After I had been so good all weekend trying not to piss anyone off. Gilford,NH got up early that morning! LOL
Old 06-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Just installed mine last week when we went to Lake Winnipesaukee. It is unbelievable the difference. With mine they can come off in 20 minutes if I'm in an area where noise is not an issue. Wish I had put them on long ago.
My top end speed was off about 3 MPH and I am not sure yet if this was a factor or not.

Funny story here. 8 o'clock Sunday morning we are putting the boat on the trailer for the trip home. Truck is spinning his wheels at the ramp so I put the drives in gear to help push the truck up the ramp. As we came up the ramp I,m still on the throttles and the tips came out of the water. Sounded like a bomb went off till I got her shut down. After I had been so good all weekend trying not to piss anyone off. Gilford,NH got up early that morning! LOL
That's the Bob we have come 2 know--TROUBLEMAKER!!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreamer
f u ck the neigbors
Dreamer, tell us how ya really feel!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I figure before I piss off all my new neihbors I better do something about my exhaust. I know some people are using an elbo on their tail pipes that put the exhaust underwater at idle and above water on plane. We contacted Gibson but they only make them for 4" and 4.5" tailpipes. Who makes them for 5"? Anyone using them? Do they work well?

Screw em buy them a for sale sign and tell em thier movin.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw a set that looked like PVC sewer pipe slipped on a boat.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

There is no reversion. The tips need to be 4-6" underwater to work. There should be no reason to drill relief holes. Nobody makes 5" except CMI. Ateco a CMI distributor took care of me. In Wisconsin the DB limit is 86. We were just at a Poker Run in Oshkosh and the Sheriff did not even look at us we were so quiet. No way you can lose speed as there is zero restriction.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brad... are you running mufflers and down tubes, or just down tubes?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder

I thought I saw you in Wolfeboro last Saturday. Even from a distance that is one beautiful rig.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
Brad... are you running mufflers and down tubes, or just down tubes?
Just the down tubes. It is still very loud on plane. However all the tickets and harassment are at idle in most areas. The tests here are done at idle. On Lake Michigan all i need to do is get out of the harbors where the IDNR, County Sheriff and Coast Guard hang out.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

How much for a set for 5 inch tails?

Quick Reply: Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.