Speed Racer calling Reggie! >

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Notices

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Im willing to pitch in a couple of bucks and get Reggie an OSO membership if he'll promise to post a couple times on this thread.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

This is the best reading I have had on here since I have been looking at OSO. Lets have more of these show downs. Lots of good comments , also just fun reading! Both boats are awsome 170-200 I would piss myself
Lets all play nice
Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by E.A.
Here is the next shot of the Speedo, as we start to pass the Fountain.....
Sorry this shot is NOT edited like the others for the size and border.
I forgot to resize it till today. Not bad for Microsoft Paint,
You can see she was knocking on 170's door.
With the motors up and down off the limiters depending on how hard the props where in the water.

you are showing RPM's of 4500 on one engine and 5500 on the other, and claiming a speed of 170 at those rpm's??????? I don't think so.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
I tend to think the cat (once on top of the water) would be able to go faster in rough stuff. They are more stable. 180, hell no but 90-120 maybe.
YES!!! Shane and I were out on the lake tonight, in the confussed nasty chop between Dome and Crown. His Cat waterline, and my "V" waterline are the same. We "skated" over all the rough stuff, and it was as smooth as sitting in my desk chair. I KNOW my "V" would have gotten beat up...

I want a Cat, and I want one BAD
Old 06-24-2006, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NRG
When the green flag drops, the bullsh!t stops - winner takes all! NO EXCUSES
"oh boy"
Old 06-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Registered

Wow that was long. Come to Ponchatrain in La. Copeland has been "racing" at 180 + GPS for 10 years in the same old Skater every Sunday morning after church. Its like watching the pirogue races in Lafitte happens all the time. I am pretty sure Scott is has him running on the same motors Big Al got in the boat from Howard A. in the mid ninety's. It did get to a buck ninety two before he decided to upgrade to some secret chit. don't know the new # yet. Yawn. Sorry couldn't resist. Animal out, goin Yodel in the vally.

Last edited by Popeyes; 06-24-2006 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:39 AM
Banned

Hey Stan, got your boat forsale 28 Million $. Must be a type o.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
On that list were any of those boats Fountains above 125MPH?? or CATS??I don"t think they tell you what type boat it is?I think it"s tough to beat a CAT but if they did I take my hat off to that boat company
Look for jim earl and oliver bocks name, they were in a 47' OL,,,, fastest Vee
Old 06-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Popeyes
in the same old Skater every Sunday morning after church.
Is that the yellow turbine boat? I didn't think it was that fast. Different boat?
Old 06-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
As a participant in the Jax Poker Run, I have to say I enjoyed seeing all the exotic hardware. Without question, I've never been in the presence of so many fantastic boats in a single place.

Speed Racer is surely a very special boat as were several others in attendance. They're the boats we enthusiasts see in all the magazines and for most of us, can only dream of.

Who was the fastest? I don't know. I was back running with the middle of the pack gang and mostly saw the fast guys idling away from card stops as we were headed in.

There's no doubt Reggie's boat was fast, but it was one of many fast boats.

In thinking about all of the hype over the last few days, I've come to the conclusion that most people in attendance had no idea that the Fountain boat was in attendance to "skin a cat".

I surely never heard anything like that at the drivers meeting or anywhere else.

How many of us riding around in our boats are faced with an impromptu challenge when another boat pulls up along side us? I suspect all of us. How do we respond to that challenge? Well as a type A performance boater, I find the old testosterone kicks in and the sticks go forward. How long do these things last? About as long as it takes one boat to clearly pass the other. Then the sticks are usually pulled back. Point made. A little fun had and we can now save the equipment.

My point is that if no one knew this was a race to the last card stop, except the Fountain boat, why would anyone continue to beat the hell out of their equipment at a Poker Run?

If Speed Racer was able to pull the Fountain boat while both were WFO, the point was made.

I respect Reggie's ability to build fast boats. I doubt anyone has spent more time or money tweaking the running surface of the Vee hull. I enjoyed the fact the new Fountain was in attendance as well as Reggie himself.

But in retrospect, it's hardly a victory if no one else in attendance know's they're being gunned for. It's more like an ambush. I don't pretend to know what was going through the minds of the guys in Speed Racer, but if it were me on the sticks, once I pulled past the Fountain, I would have been off the sticks knowing I'd made my point. If you have passengers and are in attendance for a good time, you have an obligation to assure the safety and comfort of your guests.

My entire crew had a GREAT time at the Jacksonville Poker Run. We can't wait to return again next year. The Pyburn Family and their group of volunteers did a fantastic job. Seeing boats like Speed Racer, Hell Cat, Lube Jobs, Gone Ballistic, Nashville Cats, Taboo, XXX and the Fountain assembled in one place is just plain sensory overload for any lover of performance boats.

We'll see you all again next year.

THE OSO "Voice of reason" Mr. Fred Cecil

I totally agree with you Fred

Quick Reply: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.