Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Shootout w/ 2 children? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133457-loto-shootout-w-2-children.html)

GOFSTSUMDAY 06-22-2006 04:35 PM

LOTO Shootout w/ 2 children?

Looking for some info from a few of you regulars regarding the shootout. Here is the deal... I will be at LOTO the weekend of the shootout this year with the family (wife and 2 children / daughter 8 & son 4). We sold our boat a few months ago and are now stuck land locked (ie. Shooters21), but all of us would really like to watch the race, especially my son who is turning four a couple of day after the shootout. This boy is a total boat freak, I think he spends more time looking at my powerboat mags than I do. Both of my children are very well behaved kids, and have been around the boating lifestyle all their lives, so all the partying and thongs will not be a shock. So, do you all see a problem taking these two to Shooters in the morning for a few hours to look at the boats and watch a few races before things get to wild? Any other suggestions on where to watch the races throughout the day would also be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Jason

jawbreakerkid 06-22-2006 06:04 PM

Re: LOTO Shootout w/ 2 children?

Jason, I don't see a problem with taking your children to Shooter's during the races at all. It is a charitable, family oriented event. I'm sure several of the teams would take a moment to give your children some great photo opportunities.

Chad

Von Bongo 06-22-2006 06:29 PM

Ditto.

gsmith9898 06-22-2006 07:22 PM

I'm Taking My Wife And 6 Year Old Son To The Races That Weekend. We Are Staying Over At The Chateau. I Would Not Have A Problem Taking Them For A Ride.

GOFSTSUMDAY 06-23-2006 08:05 AM

Thanks for the input guys. My wife seems much more relaxed about taking the kids after she read your responses. Mr. gsmith9898, I really appreciate the offer on the ride, the kids would get a kick out of it indeed. Grandpa's pontoon just isn't the same. Of course fuel $ and a few drinks of your choice would be included on my end if we can make this happen. I'll PM you the closer we get to the races, and again theanks for the offer.
See you all there... :D

Jason

hammer01 06-23-2006 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
Jason, I don't see a problem with taking your children to Shooter's during the races at all. It is a charitable, family oriented event. I'm sure several of the teams would take a moment to give your children some great photo opportunities.

Chad

AS STATED, THIS IS A VERY WELL RAN EVENT. THE DOCKS DURING THE RACES ARE AN EXCELLENT FORUM TO SHOW CHILDREN OF ALL AGES THE TALENT AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT IS SHOWN ON THE RACE COURSE. MY FAMILY WILL BE AT THE RACES ALL WEEKEND AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY X-RATED PROBLEMS. THE PARTY COVE IS A LITTLE SLOW THAT WEEKEND, BUT THAT IS A DIFFERENT MILE MARKER AND A WEEKEND FOR THE GRANDPARENTS TO WATCH THE LITTLE ONES.

SinkorSwim 06-23-2006 01:03 PM

We haven't taken our so son (6) yet soley because we reserve that weekend for Dr. SoS & myself to have an adult weekend.. But,, there is nothing wrong with sitting on the bank or walking the dock at Shooters..
The trees on the bank are nice shade..