Notices

speed racer and cat boys

Old 07-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: speed racer and cat boys

Originally Posted by blume
the fast I was talking about had nothing to do with boats.........fast on viewing the post before it was deleted, and yes I have owned plenty of fast boats.
How fast???? Put it on here so we all can see. And tell the truth I may want proof.
I was at work when it was up so I missed it but I have the pic so I'll post the clean version.
Attached Thumbnails speed racer  and cat boys-speed1.jpg  

Last edited by 3600cat; 07-05-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cats are faster than Reggie.....lets see there's Callan and Scott, thats about it.
Blume, please give me a break callan and bud will smoke reggie.....and reggie is really fast compared to the other vees including fountains fleet of pleaser boats.You keep on baseing this one boat, trust me Ive seen A FEW poker run- NON CANOPIED cats that THE BOTTOMS WERE NOT WORKED ON -that people purchased to go fast no to beat THE CAT KILLER that are faster. I just hope that the cat killer shows up to loto becuase there are some boats that are gonna be there to whoop his asszzzzzz......................and if not he will able to REALLY CLAIM THE REAL CAT KILLER.......it might be good for him.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Registered

Cats are faster than Reggie.....lets see there's Callan and Scott, thats about it.
Also Speed Racer (Faster than Reggie), Which we will hopefully see at a shoot out. And you being the wealth of information that you are I am sure you know there are more cats that go over 177mph (The Speed Fountain Claims). The reality is that Fountain is doing some incredible things that are beyond what people expect from a V and those guys have a lot to be proud of and its a shame that the foolish rederic by fountain and his team has cast such an ugly cloud that takes away from the great physical results that these guys have accompished in a V.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by dfealy
Also Speed Racer (Faster than Reggie), Which we will hopefully see at a shoot out. And you being the wealth of information that you are I am sure you know there are more cats that go over 177mph (The Speed Fountain Claims). .
The 177 is NOT a "claim" Its a timed kilo run. No GPS/Radar BS, but timed in front of a huge crowd.

When did SR run over177? The owner in Powerboat only claimed 175, and the GPS from Jacksonville showed 170.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dfealy
Also Speed Racer (Faster than Reggie), Which we will hopefully see at a shoot out. And you being the wealth of information that you are I am sure you know there are more cats that go over 177mph (The Speed Fountain Claims). The reality is that Fountain is doing some incredible things that are beyond what people expect from a V and those guys have a lot to be proud of and its a shame that the foolish rederic by fountain and his team has cast such an ugly cloud that takes away from the great physical results that these guys have accompished in a V.

One of these days Reggie is gonna put wings on that thing and put it in orbit to beat the shuttle around the world.

I hope they realize its not a race.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Registered

I think all this puts a bad vibe out. We are not about speed all the time, we are about pleasure, flexing a little here and there and good friends to meet and keep. This kind of hormonal explosion is dividing us and making us look like little rich kids who are bored. Where will be be when someone is killed just trying to go faster? In the end we will not be rated on speed but on how we treated others and how we gave back to the sport. Speed is a nice return of horse power and torque but how safe are you at 180, not safe at all unless you have a break away pod, even then you are in trouble. And what about the people we subject these speeds to? I was at the SOTW accident, in fact I have kept close to the family and spoke with them today, asking if they wanted another trip out to the accident site for a 1 year memorial....they said yes. I know the men who gave their life that day knew the dangers and risks but did they really expect to die? I can say no. So in the spirit of competition, flexing, bad mouthing and just general bashing we need to remember we ARE this sport and it is up to us to make it fun and safe. Like said about the trash truck and HP.....there is always someone faster, richer, better looking, more hair (sorry RF) and stronger. If you are that person why risk your life and the life of others to prove it. I think this competition is good but it is not a matter of if but when something goes wrong and all the fingers will be pointed at this sort of thing. So when I pass you in my 20 ft Zodiac I don't want to hear about how I had helium in the pontoons!!! And I just might, it goes 62 on GPS
Old 07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Registered

I agree that reggie has done wonders for the sport and the speeds he is running with a V are incredible. But, to actually produce a video like that in which 2 professional RACERS in a properly setup RACE boat with oxygen and safety gear outran a pleasure cat w/ 4 or 5, or however many people were on board does make him seem like a dip$hit... especially with the commentating in the video. So your RACE boat beat a PLEASURE cat in one instance and now its the "CAT KILLER".
To make a statement like that is absurd..

It's pure physics.. The hull lifting characteristics of a cat lift the boat out of the water therefore reducing friction on the running surface. how can one say the V is faster than the cat w/ equal power.. Send that race boat back to Douglas Marine, have them cut it down the middle and create a tunnel and of course its going to be faster..

He should bring that RACE boat to the 1000 islands poker run next month and see how it does.. I know 2 PLEASURE cats that will gladly had him his a$$..... not to mention the Fiore boys usually have some nice hardware there to run w/ as well..
Old 07-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
I think all this puts a bad vibe out. We are not about speed all the time, we are about pleasure, flexing a little here and there and good friends to meet and keep. This kind of hormonal explosion is dividing us and making us look like little rich kids who are bored. Where will be be when someone is killed just trying to go faster? In the end we will not be rated on speed but on how we treated others and how we gave back to the sport. Speed is a nice return of horse power and torque but how safe are you at 180, not safe at all unless you have a break away pod, even then you are in trouble. And what about the people we subject these speeds to? I was at the SOTW accident, in fact I have kept close to the family and spoke with them today, asking if they wanted another trip out to the accident site for a 1 year memorial....they said yes. I know the men who gave their life that day knew the dangers and risks but did they really expect to die? I can say no. So in the spirit of competition, flexing, bad mouthing and just general bashing we need to remember we ARE this sport and it is up to us to make it fun and safe. Like said about the trash truck and HP.....there is always someone faster, richer, better looking, more hair (sorry RF) and stronger. If you are that person why risk your life and the life of others to prove it. I think this competition is good but it is not a matter of if but when something goes wrong and all the fingers will be pointed at this sort of thing. So when I pass you in my 20 ft Zodiac I don't want to hear about how I had helium in the pontoons!!! And I just might, it goes 62 on GPS
This is a performance boating website and people are going to have opinions about performance boats both positive and negative. God forbid an accident occur, but if so, I don't think all fingers are going to be pointed at one thread about cats versus vees. I'd think they'd point at Fountain's video before this thread.

Of course I agree that all boat owners should be responsible and safe. I don't think anyone wants to see another accident.

I believe this website is for entertainment and information.
Just my opinion....

Old 07-06-2006, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by dank368
God forbid an accident occur, but if so, I don't think all fingers are going to be pointed at one thread about cats versus vees. I'd think they'd point at Fountain's video before this thread.
Fountain didn't race the first power boat race, and he won't race the last. People have been racing since before time. If anyone points at one video and says thats the cause of any accident on the water, than the person pointing is wrong.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 30Spectre
He should bring that RACE boat to the 1000 islands poker run next month and see how it does.. I know 2 PLEASURE cats that will gladly had him his a$$..... not to mention the Fiore boys usually have some nice hardware there to run w/ as well..
August 4th. North Carolina. All boats are welcome. Lets see if the other "V" hulled boys stick around this time. And how many Cats show up to put their money where their mouth is.

Quick Reply: speed racer and cat boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.