Notices

LOTO to short??????

Old 06-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LOTO to short??????

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
they will let you roll into start , last year towards the end they were letting you get into throttle well before line, Dave hit over 185 last year, a full top end race which would be need to be ran from 6 mm to 19mm thru rough nasty water which would be a handful for anybody or 1-2'chop from 25mm to 41mm is a great run, there were several 150mph plus boats who smoked thru that area last year in the high stakes shootout, a speed of over 175 was ran with plenty of water that day, knowing how to get top acceleration is also relative to how quick a boat is. there will be a black boat at the top of the trophy this year anyway, and yes a cat.
WIGGLER, DIDN'T THEY NOT COUNT CALLAN'S RUN LAST YEAR OR YEAR BEFORE WHEN HIT AROUND 210 FOR MAKING TOO MUCH OF A ROLLING START AND THE SAME FOR MISS BUDWEISER A FEW YEARS AGO? I DO KNOW THERE WAS A LOT OF ANGER LAST YEAR WITH THE GUN NOT BEING ACCURATE COMPARED TO THE GPS'S.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

can't wait to see Loto this for the first time this yr......all i can say is here comes TROUBLE haha

mike
Old 06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Re: LOTO to short??????

Originally Posted by thedonz
can't wait to see Loto this for the first time this yr......all i can say is here comes TROUBLE haha

mike
we will be there to pull you out of the water!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
They painted Callan black .....????????? `

CB,
Nope, the C50 is still the Long Lite Green, but then again, I think that you already know this!
Dean
Old 06-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hammer01
WIGGLER, DIDN'T THEY NOT COUNT CALLAN'S RUN LAST YEAR OR YEAR BEFORE WHEN HIT AROUND 210 FOR MAKING TOO MUCH OF A ROLLING START AND THE SAME FOR MISS BUDWEISER A FEW YEARS AGO? I DO KNOW THERE WAS A LOT OF ANGER LAST YEAR WITH THE GUN NOT BEING ACCURATE COMPARED TO THE GPS'S.
Callen was DQ'ed 2 years ago on their last run because they were doing a little better than a rolling start. ("Blew the start box" was what came over the radio) The run was not 210. I want to say 205. Might have been the 203 they printed on the cover of PB, it was their last run and they had the title so I think they were really trying to put on a good show. I don't think that Miss Bud was ever DQ'd and wasn't for sure the last year she was there.

Also the question over the radar guns and speed was I believe 2004 not 2005. They had to move the guns to get a better shot. Last year they had a problem late in the day Saturday with radar that they couldn't fix the same day so it ended about 45 minutes to an hour early.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

LOTO isn't a Kilo run, its a radar shootout. They shoot the boats with radar guns at the end of the course, so it's not a sustained speed like a .8 mile kilo. It's about what speed you obtain in a given distance. 3 miles sounds about right.

In a kilo, you enter the traps at full speed and then your times through the measured course is calculated for speed. HENCE a kilo is much tougher and more accurate.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

From an EBM interview last September

Randy Kent#5 Speed Racer

It just seems to get bigger and better every year. This year we were really looking forward to setting a new record. As it goes, the boat had it, driver error kept us from it. On our first pass on Saturday, Randy Scism was throttling for GC Motorsports as well as for me in Speed Racer. GC Motorsports went 5 boats ahead of Speed Racer and I found myself waiting on Randy Scism to return from GC's first run. When we finally got to the starting line and Randy Scism started to throttle, the boat wouldn't come up on plane. I looked at the tachs they were only at 3200 rpm on the sticks were mashed all the way, I suddenly looked at the boost gauges and noticed that they where pegged at 20psi. Randy Scism noticed that I left the trim tabs all of the way down, My Bad! You see, If I don't lower the tabs all the way down the boat will idle it 18 mph and cause a big wake. I simple forgot to raise them before the run. Smoke started to pour from the shifter console and smelled like melting rubber. After raising the tabs we hit 141mph. Having no time to go back and check the belts we got right back in line. This time Speed Racer started to hall ass. Half way through we lost all boost on one of the motors, we lost a belt because of the previous run. Although we still hit 154mph at half track, Speed Racer would have done 170 plus easy! But we will have to wait for next year to find out because Sunday we found that we had computer problems. Do you believe in fate? Something was telling me it just wasn't meant to be...hopefully next year. Randy Kent - AKA Speed Racer
Old 06-26-2006, 02:02 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron P
LOTO isn't a Kilo run, its a radar shootout. They shoot the boats with radar guns at the end of the course, so it's not a sustained speed like a .8 mile kilo. It's about what speed you obtain in a given distance. 3 miles sounds about right.

In a kilo, you enter the traps at full speed and then your times through the measured course is calculated for speed. HENCE a kilo is much tougher and more accurate.
the shootout is a standing start 1 mile run, not 3....
Old 06-26-2006, 02:16 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
From an EBM interview last September

Randy Kent#5 Speed Racer

It just seems to get bigger and better every year. This year we were really looking forward to setting a new record. As it goes, the boat had it, driver error kept us from it. On our first pass on Saturday, Randy Scism was throttling for GC Motorsports as well as for me in Speed Racer. GC Motorsports went 5 boats ahead of Speed Racer and I found myself waiting on Randy Scism to return from GC's first run. When we finally got to the starting line and Randy Scism started to throttle, the boat wouldn't come up on plane. I looked at the tachs they were only at 3200 rpm on the sticks were mashed all the way, I suddenly looked at the boost gauges and noticed that they where pegged at 20psi. Randy Scism noticed that I left the trim tabs all of the way down, My Bad! You see, If I don't lower the tabs all the way down the boat will idle it 18 mph and cause a big wake. I simple forgot to raise them before the run. Smoke started to pour from the shifter console and smelled like melting rubber. After raising the tabs we hit 141mph. Having no time to go back and check the belts we got right back in line. This time Speed Racer started to hall ass. Half way through we lost all boost on one of the motors, we lost a belt because of the previous run. Although we still hit 154mph at half track, Speed Racer would have done 170 plus easy! But we will have to wait for next year to find out because Sunday we found that we had computer problems. Do you believe in fate? Something was telling me it just wasn't meant to be...hopefully next year. Randy Kent - AKA Speed Racer
Ok........... they could have done 170. That is still way short of the speed needed to beat the new Rio Fountain.

Quick Reply: LOTO to short??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.