Notices

Buying bulk gas??

Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Buying bulk gas??

we buy bulk jet fuel 20,000 gal per month & it only saves us 65 cents a gallon give or take.It still cost about 53k per month.We have 6 jets so any & all cost cutting adds up
Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

I talked with an Amoco rep and he said that with Amoco 93 octane it is actually a little above 93 but is guaranteed to be 93 for a minimum of 6 months. I would like to verify that with someone else. I know that I only use BP and Amoco now and have never used fuel stabilizer and have never had a problem over the winter.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reckless32
With the new Ethonol mix they say the longevity of gas sitting has dropped significantly due to the Ethonol is highly sensitive to water which will separate the Ethonol from the gas. The tank I would think would be susceptible to sweating.

Other considerations would wether or not a permit or other ecological legalities would come into lay locally. Maybe some sort of farmer permit?
Since I own several orchards I get tax excempt gas delivered to my house. I do have to prove that I'm using it for farming, but do not need a permit at least in Washington State. Local laws may prevent some of you to store fuel on your property in approved storage tanks. Non-dyed farm gas would be about the same cost as the pumps.

I asked Cenex my fuel provider today storage and the above.
Tank location and storage temperatures impact a fuel's storage life. As fuel is stored, it slowly reacts with oxygen in the air to form gums and varnishes. As temperature increases, the reaction also increases. The addition of contaminates such as water or rust accelerates this process. Generally, fuel should not be stored longer than six months. If long-term storage is required, the tank should be underground or inside to reduce temperature extremes, and must have proper ventilation caps. If storage exceeds one year, testing is recommended. The stabilizer additives in Ruby Fieldmaster reduces the formation of gum and varnish and can double the fuel's storage life.