Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHO moved Florida to NY ???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134017-who-moved-florida-ny.html)

Chris288 06-29-2006 02:34 PM

WHO moved Florida to NY ????

WOW,,,, thunder, lightning, horizontal rain, 90 mph winds, trees being up-rooted.... Its a mess here at work... :eek:

I'm looking outside the window waiting for the Alien ship to pop out of the ground... :D

Chris288 06-29-2006 02:57 PM

Re: WHO moved Florida to NY ????

Any of you guys in croton or Havestraw might be a good idea to check on your boats...

Panther 06-29-2006 03:03 PM

For a while I thought we lived in Seattle with all the rain... :rolleyes:

JROMY 06-29-2006 03:14 PM

From what the tv's saying, it's headed our way....

cuda 06-29-2006 03:14 PM

Thunder and lightning is still here too. It's finally started the normal afternoon t storms. God knows we need the rain.

CigDaze 06-29-2006 03:17 PM

I know the feeling.

cosmic12 06-29-2006 04:57 PM

COLLECTING THE ANIMALS 2X2 . at least the boat will be good for something. it just wont stop

Chris288 06-29-2006 07:13 PM

I told my wife the same thing on the phone today,,, two by two Noah loaded the animals into the ARK... :rolleyes:

cosmic12 06-29-2006 07:32 PM

there is a small stream in back of my house that is now a river about 5ft deep now. normal is 4 to 5inchs. and it still keeps raining and raining and raining

paxtonsc 06-29-2006 08:01 PM

Chris288 where do you boat out of ? I'm in Haverstraw Marina. Powerquest 29 Enticer on a Hydrohoist. I haven't ck'd my boat in about 2 weeks. Due to rain i haven't been up to the marina feels like forever. I live in Rockland (Nanuet) weather here seems o.k. Some rain and thunder now and then. That's why we have insurance but they will probably say it was an act of God and your not covered. I usually cruise through Croton Sat and Sunday or up north Bannermans Island, Rondout Creek, south to NYC etc. Jeff

Chris288 06-30-2006 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by paxtonsc
Chris288 where do you boat out of ? I'm in Haverstraw Marina. Powerquest 29 Enticer on a Hydrohoist. I haven't ck'd my boat in about 2 weeks. Due to rain i haven't been up to the marina feels like forever. I live in Rockland (Nanuet) weather here seems o.k. Some rain and thunder now and then. That's why we have insurance but they will probably say it was an act of God and your not covered. I usually cruise through Croton Sat and Sunday or up north Bannermans Island, Rondout Creek, south to NYC etc. Jeff

Jeff, I work in westchester a couple of miles from croton and the river, a really bad storm blew through here yesterday, I would check on the boat to be sure... We had a slip in newburgh up until last week, but in general we go bannermans, west point, BM bridge, croton, city, and up north to roundout and the steelhouse... We'll be going to candlewood lake saturday for the fireworks and then out on the river sunday... we have a blue 05 sunsation 288, keep an eye out for us..

paxtonsc 06-30-2006 01:05 PM

Most likely Sunday i'll be on my friends Searay 29 Sundancer (GO AWAY!). I'll look for you. Not too many Sunsations on the river as Powerquest also. One day i'll step up to the 32 Susation. I'll be on the river Monday and Tuesday also. Jeff

Chris288 06-30-2006 01:07 PM

I was thinking of doing a round-out creek run either Sunday or tuesday ????

paxtonsc 07-01-2006 07:00 AM

Not sure what direction i'll be heading Sunday but Tuesday definitely up for a run up north.

paxtonsc 07-07-2006 07:47 AM

New weekend 7/7, 7/8, 7/9 and SUNNY! I'll be on the river(Hudson that is). I'll be out today (Friday), (SAT), (SUN). Needed an extra day off to make up for all the rainy weekends. Probably heading north today. Should be near Bannermans Island around 12:00 pm. May take a cruise up to Rondout Creek, Kingston area.

Chris288 07-07-2006 08:08 AM

weather is looking great, 80's no humidity.. will be out also.... :cool:

paxtonsc 07-08-2006 07:27 AM

Excellent day (Friday) out on the Hudson. Couldn't have asked for a better day weather wise and water condition wise. 1 warning watch out for all the SH!T floating in the water. Lots of branches and logs. Today will probably head up near Bannermans Island west side of the river near the beach.

lucy 07-08-2006 09:30 AM

you guys have better weather them we do, lots of rain here in sunny Florida.

yesrej 07-08-2006 10:34 AM

i went up to torches yesterday and it was a great day. but i didnt see any branches or logs. i saw trees and stumps. ill be out all week end. im out of stony piont. pax i have seen that boat with that name. ive seen him alot in croton. see ya guys...

paxtonsc 07-10-2006 07:21 AM

I saw an Outlaw 25 yesterday @ Croton tied up to all the cruisers. Were you wearing an OSO shirt . Was that you Yesrej ? I was tied up behind them closer to the beach. I was driving by the Outlaw when you fired up your boat to leave (if that was you). I was driving GO AWAY ! 290 Searay. The Baja was tied up with about six boats. On a Mission 42 Silverton out of Haverstraw Marina and Vinny had the Seadoo jetboat. Great weekend one of the best this year. Weather permitting I'll be out next Sat and Sun.

Chris288 07-10-2006 10:14 AM

I saw a 25 OL tied to a bunch of cruisers @ croton point yesterday also, as we idled through, what a great weekend... :cool:

paxtonsc 07-10-2006 10:30 AM

I saw you too on the Blue Sunsation 288 I waved to your friend (blond) and the girl in the back. You turned around right in front of us in Croton.

Chris288 07-10-2006 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by paxtonsc
I saw you too on the Blue Sunsation 288 I waved to your friend (blond) and the girl in the back. You turned around right in front of us in Croton.

too bad I missed ya,,,, Blondie, ( my friend Jeff ) must have been too busy checking out the " sites "... :D I looked for your PQ and the cruiser you mentioned, but didn't see it.. I was pretty sure that was Yesrej's baja but didnt see anyone around it, just Lassie barking at us... :D

paxtonsc 07-10-2006 11:55 AM

Chris288,
Last Saturday i saw you up by Bannermans toward the west side you were going south and then later you came back up north you passed me i was on my PQ 290 but i didn't know it was you. I thought you were at Candlewood Lake. So it didn't phase me. Jeff

Chris288 07-10-2006 12:02 PM

Wife sprained her ankle working in the yard on friday, so saturday fireworks on candlewood were out, because there are no docks at the launch ramp and she would have had trouble getting in and out so we went out of newburgh,, what kind of graphics do you have on your PQ ??? will have to keep a better eye out...

There were tons of HP boats as well as cruisers on the river yesterday, was a bit choppy on the way down from newburgh to croton but a great day nonetheless...

paxtonsc 07-10-2006 01:18 PM

Sunday i was on my buddies 29 Searay (GO AWAY!!). We were so close to shore we had to move the boats twice (too shallow). My boat has a checkered flag type design down the sides Teal, Purple and Black also on the bow. POWERQUEST on the front Fairing

yesrej 07-11-2006 07:08 PM

yes that was my boat. i wish you guys didnt see it. it was a mess. i was tied up to a 392 silverton(dads) and some others from my marina. chris i did see you. boat looked great. i wasnt sure if it was you but when i saw the gps on the pass. side i thought it was. pax, i have seen the boat GO AWAY a few times i dont remember if i saw it this weekend but i have seen it before. if you guys see me again just come on over. ill be in croton or boline.

yesrej 07-11-2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chris288
too bad I missed ya,,,, Blondie, ( my friend Jeff ) must have been too busy checking out the " sites "... :D I looked for your PQ and the cruiser you mentioned, but didn't see it.. I was pretty sure that was Yesrej's baja but didnt see anyone around it, just Lassie barking at us... :D

thats my dog

lucy 07-11-2006 07:30 PM

I just got to Chicago today and is raining here to. what is up with all this rain.. :cool:

Chris288 07-12-2006 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by yesrej
yes that was my boat. i wish you guys didnt see it. it was a mess. i was tied up to a 392 silverton(dads) and some others from my marina. chris i did see you. boat looked great. i wasnt sure if it was you but when i saw the gps on the pass. side i thought it was. pax, i have seen the boat GO AWAY a few times i dont remember if i saw it this weekend but i have seen it before. if you guys see me again just come on over. ill be in croton or boline.

Thanks for the compliment, your boat looked fine to me.. we'll have to all meet up sometime somewhere... Nice looking dog,,,, I used to take my boxer on the boat all the time, she loves it dearly, but she is 9 1/2 years old now and the hips just cant take it, she is much more comfortable at home in her posture-pedic bed... :(

Another wicked storm blew through Westchester county yesterday around 3pm, hail the size of marbles, EXTREMELY high winds, and rain so heavy you couldn't see 5 feet in front of your face. Some bizarre weather so far this year...

yesrej 07-12-2006 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chris288
Thanks for the compliment, your boat looked fine to me.. we'll have to all meet up sometime somewhere... Nice looking dog,,,, I used to take my boxer on the boat all the time, she loves it dearly, but she is 9 1/2 years old now and the hips just cant take it, she is much more comfortable at home in her posture-pedic bed... :(

Another wicked storm blew through Westchester county yesterday around 3pm, hail the size of marbles, EXTREMELY high winds, and rain so heavy you couldn't see 5 feet in front of your face. Some bizarre weather so far this year...

thanks chris. the bottom was ugly, i was on it all week and left it in for 3 days. we should meet up that woud be cool. this is the first year the dogs are being brought to the boat.( i also have a lab) the collie is good but she has one hell of a mouth and the lab is perfect. she doesnt do anything but swim and eat. she sleept the whole time we were over in croton.

Chris288 07-12-2006 10:03 PM

Cool, your Baja is not hard to miss... will have to head to croton more often on sundays, looks like a cool place to hang out,, just didnt know anyone down there last sunday....

Today TORNADO's ......... :eek: what is up with this kooky weather...