Putting Price in Classifieds >

Putting Price in Classifieds

Notices

Putting Price in Classifieds

Old 06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Putting Price in Classifieds

I see more now that I am looking, but if I am trying to steal something the seller should want to prohibit me from calling so I am not wearing him out with ridiculous offers, but the same token if he is one of those who thinks their stuff is make of gold, then I do not want to mess with them as a buyer.

Seems like a REAL good way to attract the rotten prospective buyer, and an offer from a rotten prospective seller.

These guys must have taken the 1970's sales course that assumed everyone was dumb and could be reeled in like a fish. It appears they believe the consumer is dumb, and if they get to tell them about the boat their sales ability can sway a buyer to shell out more money than it is worth.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

advertising 101...make the ad as descriptive as possible with alot of photos and no price. that way you'll see how many people are interested in the product your selling. if you get no action on your ad then the majority of the time the market for that product is soft. price doesnt sell products, quality does
Old 06-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
I never even consider an ad if there is no price I got better things to do than play phone tag just to find out some body's crazy.
i had thiss go the other way. in 2002 i was selling my 2000 fatboy. had it advertised for $16900.00 the paper screwed up and put $6900.00. WOULD YOU BELIEVE PEOPLE ACTUALLY CALLED LOOKING TO BUY IT. THE BUYERS ARE CRAZIER THEN THE SELLERS...BUYERS ARE LIARS THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME. I DEAL WITH THEM 50 HOURS A WEEK.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dean51267
Can OSO post a notice in the section where you start a classified add that says "IT PISSES OSO MEMBERS OFF IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE A PRICE IN YOUR AD, IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE A PRICE, AND DO NOT GET CALLS, CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED"....

I am looking at boats now, looking to buy in reasonably short order, and I for one am not even about to click on an ad with no price cause I know right away if I call I am going to rotten azzed used car salesman who decided he could make a truck load of money selling boat trying all the nickel azzed negotiation games.

Am I just off my rocker, or does everyone else look at this with the same disdain I do???
Yeah I agree, post the price, look what happened to me almost bought calling and then find out the issues a company has
Old 06-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered

Even worse than No Price is the old "Call for Price" trick. If they know price when you call, they know it when they dream up the ad. Dealers especially ought to know better.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've got the price in mine.......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10826.html

All kidding aside, I do find it annoying, why would a seller want that many more tire kickers calling him and asking how much???
Old 06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
I never even consider an ad if there is no price I got better things to do than play phone tag just to find out some body's crazy.

LOL I hate the no price game. Why waste time with call for price games?
Old 06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
I've got the price in mine.......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10826.html

All kidding aside, I do find it annoying, why would a seller want that many more tire kickers calling him and asking how much???
agreed best point made!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
i had thiss go the other way. in 2002 i was selling my 2000 fatboy. had it advertised for $16900.00 the paper screwed up and put $6900.00. WOULD YOU BELIEVE PEOPLE ACTUALLY CALLED LOOKING TO BUY IT. THE BUYERS ARE CRAZIER THEN THE SELLERS...BUYERS ARE LIARS THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME. I DEAL WITH THEM 50 HOURS A WEEK.
When I was selling cars auto trader miss printed our prices all the time. Wish I had a dollar for every potential buyer who said they would sue us for false advertising and get the printed price......
Old 06-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Registered

Just for you guys i put a price back in my ad. I felt like all the dealers who post put call and that i was prob missing allot of potential buyers to the call and upsell deal that i pulled my price. I would also rather see a price to know if i should bother or not. seams like boats have a very odd value cycle so who knows. you really can grab a NADA and look up a custom boat. Anyway good info.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8086.html

Quick Reply: Putting Price in Classifieds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.