Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Udderly Fantastic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134046-udderly-fantastic.html)

RedDog382 06-29-2006 07:00 PM

Udderly Fantastic

Anyone know what ever became of the old race boat "Udderly Fantastic" once campaigned by dairy farmer Andy Trauth?

I believe it was a 35' Motion cat racing in modified class under the unique numbers M-00 (of course).

I think Barry of Cat-Can-Do ran it briefly, but I haven't seen it since the Huron, Ohio race that was stormed out several years ago.

thisistank 06-29-2006 07:12 PM

Re: Udderly Fantastic

I don't know if Andy still owns it but it is currently in the Paso Robles/Lake NAciemento area (North end of Southern California). I see it running almost every time I"m at the lake. Sounds AWESOME!!

RedDog382 06-29-2006 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
I don't know if Andy still owns it but it is currently in the Paso Robles/Lake NAciemento area (North end of Southern California). I see it running almost every time I"m at the lake. Sounds AWESOME!!

Thanks Tank,

Always did sound great. Anyone got any pics?

bobkatz 06-29-2006 08:17 PM

I don't think he's in the farmer end of the business. He owns the dairy processing plan, Trauth Dairy in downtown Newport, KY. Super nice guy I haven't seen in years. As I recall, his son ran a boat the was called "The Udder Boat"

FeverMike 06-29-2006 09:35 PM

The Udder Boat was a Phanton that ran in the old A-Class. Ryan Beckley ran with Andy last in Factory 3 I believe. After the Factory 3 boat got busted with aluminum fly wheels in the HP500's in F3 Andy never raced again as far as I remember. That was back in 2000.

Ryan Beckley 06-29-2006 10:21 PM

Andy hasn't raced since.......he still works at Trauth Dairy but it's owned by a big company. He owns AMT powerboats now and also has SEVRAL dragsters with his two sons, Adam and Anthony.

thisistank 06-29-2006 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Thanks Tank,

Always did sound great. Anyone got any pics?

I'll definately snap some pics for you the next time I see it. I remember when it was racing and now always trip out that it runs on Naci (little lake). The last time we were up there he was gassing up at in Paso Robles at the station accross the street from us.

littlenige 06-30-2006 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go.

RedDog382 06-30-2006 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by littlenige
Here ya go.

Thanks.

Paint looks just a little different than I remember, but that's the boat.

Is it a 35' Motion?

Ryan Beckley 06-30-2006 09:13 AM

They had a 35 Motion first with a few different graphic jobs on it. The a 36 Spectre that they raced a few times , and then 2 36 Skaters the were raced in Modified class and then Factory 3