Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating Accident 1 Dead 1 rescued (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134135-boating-accident-1-dead-1-rescued.html)

lightspeed 06-30-2006 06:56 PM

Boating Accident 1 Dead 1 rescued

There Was A Boat Accident Right Out In Front Of My Canel About 3.00 Pm Today 1 Dead 1 Rescued There Are About 6 Choppers And Coasties Out There Looking For Any Body else In The Water .. looks like two boats Just Rounding The Babylon Pool In The Great South Bay Hit Each Other I Am Going Down There To See If I Can Get More Info Ill Be Back //////

CAP071 06-30-2006 07:08 PM

Re: Boating Accident 1 Dead 1 rescued

sad news on a Holiday weekend :(

Vinny P 06-30-2006 07:10 PM

I saw that story on the news today. They said one bad was out of control and hit the other.

dean51267 06-30-2006 07:11 PM

:(

candyman35 06-30-2006 10:04 PM

:(

HotPursuit 06-30-2006 10:44 PM

Very sad to hear of any death for no reason,but I hope this thread doesn't turn into O my god how much is my insurance going to go up now!!!
I person dies every 14 minutes driving a motor vehicle and no one seems to give a rats A**. The point I'm trying to make is we all are getting the shaft from insurance companies.
We need to speak very loud to our elect officials about the made up prices on power boats of any kind cat or v!!Sorry didn't intend on high jacking the thread but it seems that everyone expects performance boating to be a perfect sport.
The insurance companies overcharge with no foundation to support their claims,other than most people in this hobby can afford it. That said my deepest prays go out to the love ones.

drypipetiger 06-30-2006 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
I person dies every 14 minutes driving a motor vehicle and no one seems to give a rats A**. The point I'm trying to make is we all are getting the shaft from insurance companies.

Take into consideration the number of insured autos on the road compared to the number of insured high performance boats on the water.

In addition, mother nature plays a much greater role in insurance premiums rising than any other factor. Hurricanes, floods, etc. thousand of miles from me, effect my insurance greatly.

In addition Sy Goldberg likes to smoke expensive cigars... I don't mind that, what I mind is that he passes them out to Stecz...

HotPursuit 06-30-2006 11:50 PM

Don't drink the cool aid.Insurance companies should change there name to premium collectors then.I took a dircect hit from hurricane Katrina believe me I understand mother nature. You forgot earthquakes,floods,forest fires,tornadoes,
hailstorms,mudslides,lightning strikes,terrorist attacks we could go on all night.PanAmericanLife is one of my costumers and there 29 story granite covered high rise.I don't think they built
it paying out more than they collected!!
I have paid homeowners insurance for 27yrs without a claim
and flood to the Federal government.Let me get this right it has never went down without a claim but it sure the hell has going up with one claim.
I have had 6 performance hulls that have all run over triple
digits with a clean record and no claims.Why should I be charge extra for a 40 Skater verses a 40 step bottom v.I bet more claims on the step hulls.AS long as no one questions cost levels on power boats it will never change.

drypipetiger 07-01-2006 03:59 AM

You forgot earthquakes,floods,forest fires,tornadoes,
hailstorms,mudslides,lightning strikes,terrorist attacks we could go on all night.

I said ETC. :drink:

drypipetiger 07-01-2006 04:01 AM

Don't drink the cool aid.

It's one of my few pleasures.