Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My boating days may be over. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134200-my-boating-days-may-over.html)

jeff32 07-02-2006 08:11 AM

Re: My boating days may be over.

Sorry to hear this lubejob... As a matter of fact, things could be worst, but you may look for a driver. I'm sure you would not have to pay to find someone who already knows about driving a boat, teach him how to drive your boat, so almost whenever you want to go, plan it with him, and then go for it! A friend of mine has done that with a plane, why not with a boat! (by the way if I would live closer to you I'd give you my name!)

R Addiction 07-02-2006 08:40 AM

Damn Gino...That sucks. Hope you feel better. I'm with ya on the "What would I do w/o boats" I personally would go nuts, gain even more weight and drive my wife completely out of her mind!! :eek:

supercharge 07-02-2006 09:07 AM

Sorry to read about your incident this morning. I assume you suffer from Ventricular Arithmia's. Considering your defribulator is lead attached directly to your hearts lower chamber and its output is measured in milivolts I would heed your doctors advice and stay put until your implant be checked Monday. It would appear to be a potential malfunction of the unit. Take care. I do not think your boating days are over. Do you know who the maker of your device is? I don't mean to be personal, just concerned. Jeff

bouyhunter 07-02-2006 09:17 AM

Sorry to hear this. I know what you mean about not even dreaming of not boating. It becomes an addiction, and settles in your bones.
I've been boatless for a few years, and I've been doing everything I can to scrape some $$ together to get back on the water short of selling my soul (the offer was too low to buy a boat :rolleyes: :D )

Be glad that this happened at the DOCK. This could have been REALLY bad had it happened on the water while running... Could've been much worse for yourself, and possibly others on the water.

I hope it's nothing too serious.
Good Luck!

Pantera1 07-02-2006 09:49 AM

Man I realy feel for ya .. But am also impressed by modern medical technology. What about just taking it down a notch.. Maybe a cruiser on a lift out front etc

X-Rated30 07-02-2006 09:51 AM

Gino -- You have the worst luck on the board. The car, people ramming the boat, the stepmother dogging you out, etc and now this. The way I look at it , F@CK IT!!! YOU GOTTA DIE OF SOMETHING. It might as well be something you love. :cool:

BatGirl 07-02-2006 10:26 AM

Gino, Sorry to hear this. Not having the boat will bring more stress. get a good fist mate to help with the strenous stuff. You only live once, so live life doing what you love to do!
Karen

dean51267 07-02-2006 10:27 AM

man, I will say a prayer for ya...

I think Fred is right, you may want to look at keeping the boat at a marina on a lift or something, that makes it pretty non-stressful... maybe keep this idea in your back pocket just in case the doc wants to start limiting you....

of course, you could always just LET ME DRIVE..... :D

LapseofReason 07-02-2006 10:27 AM

I'm with most, find a good Boatell that will do all the grunt work. You might want to think about putting a kill switch on the passenger side if you don't already so if it ever happens again they can shut it down.

If you not living for something your dying for nothing

wananewboat 07-02-2006 10:28 AM

What about less work and more boating. I have never known anyone that said boating was stressful. Like I said when you posted your problem, If you have your health, you have everything. A beautiful fast boat does a dead man no good.

Like many people on this site, you must be very Type A and work very hard for what you have and the time to use it. It's time to spend the money on more people to lessen the stress.
It's a hard thing to do when you are a hands on person, but your LIFE depends on it.

Listen to me, I am at work on a Sunday. Go figure. :rolleyes: