Like Tree0Likes

Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Reply
Old 07-06-2006, 08:22 AM
  #21
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,093
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggler4490
old scholl , ass ho-le



Hmmm...1:56 am post time

Like I said before, a very nice boat! Congrats Mentalpause!
__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:30 AM
  #22
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Boat looks great in water, has a great attitude. Sunsation has done an excellent job, IN ALL AREA'S OF THIS BUILD. Well worth the wait for John. I can see that they went over each area of the boat to control weight, using hi-tech materials for layup, excellent bottom layup for maximizing speed, and descent ergonomics from cabin (over 6' headroom) to cockpit. There is a lot to like about this boat, and now the speed of the boat turned out better than predicted. Once you add the 500 additional pounds, some gas, and a few guys to achieve over 90mph in a 43' boat is super, my hats of to the Sunsation crew, Good job guys. Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:36 AM
  #23
Registered
 
25 hors la loi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: North of the Border
My Boats: Sunsation 288 with 525
Posts: 860
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Congratulations......great achivement .... and just for me ...any other brand of boat with same lenght can achieve that kind of speed ????...with same power ???? and staggered engine of course ....
Thank`s a lot

Last edited by 25 hors la loi; 07-06-2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Have to redone the question ....french speaking !!!!!!!
25 hors la loi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:33 AM
  #24
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member
 
Reckless32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

I've got the clock; engine meters; and water pressure gauges on the left side with angled bezels to provide me with good visuals whenver I choose to look over. I think the extra gauges look pretty boss.

The pics of the test ride showed 5 guys onboard. That's got to add up to some pretty good weight. Could iot have had a full tank as well, or do you think they went with a half or less just to check some numbers? The other main factor is props not dialed in. Sounds like the Maximus just might be the ticket.

True test though would be bring it to the mid-Atlantic east coast for some drills in true offshore conditions to see how she holds up and where some addtional shoring up might be needed in the cuddy etc. The lakes are fine, but offshore is where it will build it's reputation and if it's anything like it's smaller siblings I'm sure it will do fine. What do you think it will do with the base 525 package either tandem or staggered, ITS or standard Bravo drives? My thought process is the affordable package concept.
Reckless32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:36 PM
  #25
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mentalpause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: IL...LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Posts: 3,536
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless32
I've got the clock; engine meters; and water pressure gauges on the left side with angled bezels to provide me with good visuals whenver I choose to look over. I think the extra gauges look pretty boss.

The pics of the test ride showed 5 guys onboard. That's got to add up to some pretty good weight. Could iot have had a full tank as well, or do you think they went with a half or less just to check some numbers? The other main factor is props not dialed in. Sounds like the Maximus just might be the ticket.

True test though would be bring it to the mid-Atlantic east coast for some drills in true offshore conditions to see how she holds up and where some addtional shoring up might be needed in the cuddy etc. The lakes are fine, but offshore is where it will build it's reputation and if it's anything like it's smaller siblings I'm sure it will do fine. What do you think it will do with the base 525 package either tandem or staggered, ITS or standard Bravo drives? My thought process is the affordable package concept.
Joe told me that he checked the fuel with the E-Trex system when it came back from testing. It still had 137 gallons in it, so it was not tested real light on fuel.
Mentalpause is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:17 PM
  #26
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

thats good to hear, which translates to approx. 91-92 light on fuel, with the added 500 pounds. Better than expected, great job. Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:48 PM
  #27
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mentalpause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: IL...LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Posts: 3,536
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
thats good to hear, which translates to approx. 91-92 light on fuel, with the added 500 pounds. Better than expected, great job. Jeff
Now I just need to talk you into coming to Missouri. If you would quit standing around on trailers when big wakes come through you could have more fun in the summer!
Mentalpause is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
  #28
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Congrats! Sun's do a nice job.
Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:59 PM
  #29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Now I just need to talk you into coming to Missouri. If you would quit standing around on trailers when big wakes come through you could have more fun in the summer!
I am going to take you up on that, I always wanted to check that area out. When does it get cold up there. Also think about Key West in November
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:17 PM
  #30
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mentalpause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: IL...LOTO
My Boats: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Posts: 3,536
Default Re: Sunsations new 43' f-4 breaks 90mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
I am going to take you up on that, I always wanted to check that area out. When does it get cold up there. Also think about Key West in November
You are from WISCONSIN originally! Given that, it never gets cold in Missouri.

September or October would be good, but not sure about your schedule when the kids go back to school. If that is a problem we should try for August.

Key West will require the factory to trailer it down to Florida since I don't have a trailer. They may want to do that. Then I can just fly down and meet them.
Mentalpause is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
blume
Nor-Tech
1
09-16-2006 12:23 AM
OG Outlaw 24
General Boating Discussion
26
09-14-2003 09:18 PM
dean campbell
Sunsation
10
12-09-2002 11:37 AM
hot water
General Boating Discussion
37
11-18-2002 06:01 AM
Scott
Powerquest
7
01-19-2002 09:38 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.