Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rum Run -Race to Catalina..this weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134525-rum-run-race-catalina-weekend.html)

thisistank 07-07-2006 12:07 AM

Re: Rum Run -Race to Catalina..this weekend

Hey Dan, kelly's been in bed with the flu for two days. If she doesn't get better, I'll be baby sitting :(
You need to swing by and pick Gerard up though :drink:

thisistank 07-07-2006 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Tank - didn't ask who's drinking at the Rum Run....who's running in it... :evilb:

The plan was to "come" and drink. Isn't that always the plan Prouty??!! :rolleyes: :drink: :drink:

PhantomChaos 07-07-2006 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by h20 toie
6 in the morning? dam

Leave the stacks at 6:00ish, at the Newport breakwater at 6:30ish hit Long Beach at 7:00ish to 7:15ish........pick up passengers at the Yardhouse.......watch the start at 8:00ish.

You've been on the lake too much Dan!!! :D :D :drink: :evilb: :evilb:

Besides, as AudioFN says, you can't drink "all day" unless you start in the morning! :drink:

PhantomChaos 07-07-2006 12:29 AM

Tank....sorry Kelly's not feeling well.....hope she gets better and we see you guys!

Gerrard....are ya up for it? :drink: :D

thisistank 07-07-2006 12:33 AM

Nort, I'm sorry we missed Colettes B-day party. We tried to get out of prior commitments but could not. We need to hook up soon bro!

And yes, Dan has been on the lake too much :rolleyes: :D

Nort, you need to watch the Seadoo race too?? :rolleyes:
Dude, the real race starts at like 10:30 ish.

PhantomChaos 07-07-2006 12:53 AM

SeeDoo race??? HUH?

There are actually two races......one race starts at 8:00am with a flare gun and about 100 boats.....each with a guy staring at a big piece of meat dangling by rope behind the boat, another guy slamming the boat into gear while forcing the throttles through the dash, and third guy squinting through the morning haze looking for a 20 foot wide spot to squeeze by the other 99 boats sprinting for the 1/4 mile opening in the Long Beach breakwater while the throttle guy struggles to listen to both the meat watcher and the squinter over the roar of 99 other crazy teams and 12-15 helicopters.....all this while probably hung over from the night before.

The second race is more like multiple "1 on 1" races starting after traveling 62 miles and about 58 minutes later....hopefullly with thier meat still attached to the end of the rope, the engines and drives still in operation as race teams sprint for the finish line directly in front of the Queen Mary.

It's a great race. :drink: :drink: :drink: :D :D

PhantomChaos 07-07-2006 12:57 AM

Oh yeah.....then there is the non-advertised Rum Runner race (run what ya brung) on Sunday with POPRA. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :D :D :D

thisistank 07-07-2006 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Oh yeah.....then there is the non-advertised Rum Runner race (run what ya brung) on Sunday with POPRA. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :D :D :D

Kid, Prouty is talking about Sundays race. Not Saturdays. "Rum Runner Race". Are you doing Sunday too or just Saturdays?

And by the way, your testimonial of the Ski race should be used in some sort of ad for it :drink:

FASTERDAMITT 07-07-2006 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I am boatless and need a water taxi.....anyone......bueler, bueler, Nort, Nort :D :D

Semper,
There's a good chance I may have a seat in the Superboat for Sunday. I'll try to organize things tomarrow.

FASTERDAMITT 07-07-2006 01:29 AM

By the way. Where is the details of Sunday's event?