Notices

bad press for loto

Old 07-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: bad press for loto

3600cat, Seans got a good idea, would save you and alot of money and we could put bumpers all the way around the cart and race each other around porta cima, cool idea would 2,000hp turbine be enough to run with Jeff Gordans , and no bump drafting.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
The Missouri law, which took effect last year, says that boat drivers born after Jan. 1, 1984, must pass an approved safety course. The law applies to out-of-state residents, too.

Rental operators are not required to check customers for a boater-education card.
Oh yeah, that makes LOTS of sense.......

F'n dumbazz's.........!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
i heard you were putting the turbines on a go kart and giving up boating after this weekend...
My back still hurts. And the nightmares.....
Old 07-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Limit waverrunners to before noon in the main channel and they are going to have to limit displacements, 65 sunseekers have no place on that lake.

A 56 sea ray came by our condo while i was lifting my boat up on the hoist, just after the lift grabed it the 5' waves came crashing over the tops of the docks (my boat is in the second slip from the outside) it picked my boat up off the lift and set it on its side on the side of the lift. Scared the crap out of me and the wife (she was in the cabin) had to put the lift back down and re adjust. Boat was fine

Saturday evening about 6.30 running back home to the 1mm, i was at the 12 and came up on some huge swells. There was a 56 searay on one side and 50 on the, both were no more that 100' away from the shore on each side and they were just tearing up everones docks as they went by.

Someone has to do something, as speedlimit is not the answer.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Posted on Sun, Jul. 09, 2006

LAKE OF THE OZARKS |The Strain family of St. Joseph also knows the trauma of dealing with a boat accident, following the September death of their son and brother, Zachary, 22.

With no navigation lights, he and two other young men were riding personal watercraft in a Lake of the Ozarks cove about 2 a.m. Strain and a friend left the cove on a Sea-doo and then turned to come back. Meanwhile, the other man was coming out. With Strain doing about 50 mph, the watercraft collided.

The loss of her son remains too painful for his mother to talk about, but Salli Strain responded to questions through an e-mail. “There is no way to describe how this loss has affected us,” Salli Strain wrote. “… I see no hope for myself for recovering from this.”

In pursuit of safety

No shortage of ideas exists on how to make the lake safer, though boating-safety experts said some initiatives already have reduced injuries and deaths locally and nationally.

People like Zeller, the Cutty’s Wharf owner, said restricting boat lengths would help. Fults, the watercraft rental owner, said wakes from big boats were so large that people on personal watercraft sometimes got hurt while trying to cross them.
Now this may sound harsh but how about instead of trying to limit your larger faster boats you try and limit stupidity like your kids riding their jet ski's at night with out running lights!!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

In NY you are responsible for any damage your wake causes, whether you are 100 feet away or 500 feet away. We had a 45 foot cruiser go by our marina 30 feet away at about 15 miles per hour throwing 4 footers at us. I was in the process of tying the boat into the slip and it ended up over my head crashing into the dock and causing damage, we chased him down to get his hull I.d. #'s to report him and he was already pulled over for doing the same thing to the marina just north of us. Cops took a report, I got an estimate and he paid up... IS this not the case on LOTO ???

on the other hand, this is just plain stupidity !!

LAKE OF THE OZARKS |The Strain family of St. Joseph also knows the trauma of dealing with a boat accident, following the September death of their son and brother, Zachary, 22.

With no navigation lights, he and two other young men were riding personal watercraft in a Lake of the Ozarks cove about 2 a.m. Strain and a friend left the cove on a Sea-doo and then turned to come back. Meanwhile, the other man was coming out. With Strain doing about 50 mph, the watercraft collided.

The loss of her son remains too painful for his mother to talk about, but Salli Strain responded to questions through an e-mail. “There is no way to describe how this loss has affected us,” Salli Strain wrote. “… I see no hope for myself for recovering from this.”

In pursuit of safety

No shortage of ideas exists on how to make the lake safer, though boating-safety experts said some initiatives already have reduced injuries and deaths locally and nationally.

People like Zeller, the Cutty’s Wharf owner, said restricting boat lengths would help. Fults, the watercraft rental owner, said wakes from big boats were so large that people on personal watercraft sometimes got hurt while trying to cross them.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Registered

had a good freinds kid get kncoked off a jet ski by a drunk boater
Old 07-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris288
"IS this not the case on LOTO ???"

It's more complicated than that at the lake.
The lake is narrow with near vertical sides. A single 510 Sea Ray may not cause a big wave problem but 5 of them passing through a 1/2 mile wide channel in 10 minutes will result in waves bouncing off the shore and adding up. I've seen some massive waves form in the 4 mile stretch of the Grand Glaize arm.

Besides, If you look at the WP reports, about 2/3 of the accidents are PWC related and not necessarily wave or boat related. And PWC jumping large waves on purpose is not the fault of the cruiser.
Gary

Last edited by rdoactive; 07-10-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

I'm just back from spending the week of the 4th at LOTO on vacation. I stayed at the 14MM in a friend's house and ran the main channel all weekend and week in my Chaparral 260 SSi. If you use your head you can navigate the waters down there and have a good time. The only insanity I saw all week was kids being towed on tubes on the main channel in the middle of the afternoon. Also, on Thursday July 6th there was a poker run going on with one of the stops being at Fish and Co. Those folks emptied a lot of buckets of beer before continuing on their run. Hopefully the drivers of the boats were drinking soda or water. Still a great place to go for a family vacation.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTEThe lake’s more than 1,300 serious mishaps trail only the Atlantic Ocean and the Colorado River,]

We still got you F'ers beat!!!

Quick Reply: bad press for loto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.