Notices

speed racer and cat boys

Old 06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speed racer and cat boys

you guys need a lession in fountain. the juily 1990 issue of powerboat mag . on june 9 1990 new orleans la opt popeyes racefest . fountain skinned the worlds fastest CATS in a lesser poweed v bottom. the cats had 4 engines, reggie had 3 . don johnson usa cat. al copelands cat , all 4 engines and got blowed away by reggies v bottom. if some body has that mag please post it. so some can read it . i think time is repeating it's self agin .
Old 06-23-2006, 10:07 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: speed racer and cat boys

Then explain why he was so concerned about racing against a few Vee bottoms in Super Vee Unlimited last year in Key West ?...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Registered

Default Re: speed racer and cat boys

doin't know shark. you will have to ask reggie that . i know you collect power boat mag have you got that one if so please post it . thanks robbie .
Old 06-23-2006, 10:22 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Actually no, I am not a subscriber.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fountain1fan your HISTORY reference might be correct. That was a case of race V's against race Cats and congrats to Fountain on that. I don't think the question is how fast Reggies new boat is but more about how and where they decided to market it. There is no question they have current world Kilo record. The video composed ironically by Creative Television proves what point to targeted buyers? A race boat can beat open top poker run boats? I doubt many "new" to boating buyers walking around a boat show will buy a Fountain just because a video says they are cat killers.

There was a race in Puerto Rico that weekend I think and there were some race cats there running in the rough stuff like Reggie wanted at the end of his infomercial. Why did'nt Fountain take this boat there and show up with another one like it with the top cut off set up for poker run use in Jacksonville? If the two boats would have "killed the cats" then this claim would have some ground to stand on. Build an open top version of the boat and run against other open top boats.

With any luck for all of us maybe we will get to see all the V's run in Catalina and settle this battle for the time being. Catalina once a year for the title. What a concept.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Registered

Loto Shootout==== Never Seen Reggie's Name Under "top Gun Award". Once Again, We Are Not Debating His Ability To Deliver Very Fast V-bottoms But He Brought The Knife To The Gun Fight And Said He Is Faster Than The Universe Of Boats So My Money Is Still On Dave Callan At The Shootout Or The Sleeper Of A New Boat With Bud Select So Let's Stop Bickering And Put Our Money On The Table. It Will Be Fun To Watch. Please Show Up Reggie.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No doubt. Fountain please show up to Catalina and Lotto. Run your race boat against other race boats and see what it can do.

Last edited by Chest Rockwell; 06-23-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks to Reggie is looks like we don't need to have SVL - SCL, SV - SC classes anymore. All the cats and V's can run together since they're equal again...
Old 06-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

Well Said Panther.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
you guys need a lession in fountain. the juily 1990 issue of powerboat mag . on june 9 1990 new orleans la opt popeyes racefest . fountain skinned the worlds fastest CATS in a lesser poweed v bottom. the cats had 4 engines, reggie had 3 . don johnson usa cat. al copelands cat , all 4 engines and got blowed away by reggies v bottom. if some body has that mag please post it. so some can read it . i think time is repeating it's self agin .

Respectfuly Inserted!

Back to School
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=great+moments

Quick Reply: speed racer and cat boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.