Notices

So what do YOU do...?

Old 07-12-2006, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: So what do YOU do...?

I understand but that's like buying a house near the air port or race track, and complaining about the noise. Or buying a house near a dump, and complaining about the smell. Or buying a house near a bar and complaining about the drunks @ 2am. Or buying a house in a school zone and complaing about traffic when kids are going to and from school or complaining that the band at football games and the fans cheering are too loud. And persoanlly, I really don't care how much you bought your house for. When one buys a house on the water, they should already know that there will be things about having a house on the water they will not like, and noise from loud boats is just one of those things they will just have to get over.

Where I live, my backyard is adjacent to the town park, yeah at time the park is loud, the swings are approx 10-15' from the fence. But what .... I'm gonna yell at kids to keep it down and and not enjoy themselves. What have I learned? In the next house I live, DO NOT LIVE NEAR A PARK!

Next thing people are gonna start complaining about the noise that deisel trucks make. And why not, more and more of them are being used as daily drivers.

Last edited by Lucididee; 07-12-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I am little suprised at the responses to this post. We as performance boaters need to realize that open exhaust in marinas is a big problem. Mufflers should be on in the marinas. If we do not comply, it will be regulated further and that always is a far worse problem.
I am running 525's with slip in silencers and people still occaisionaly clap when I dock and I am below any legal limit in FL.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

And another thing ............

I do believe that the entire noise thing is somewhat unresolved. And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (I know someone will.) But didn't they deem that to take an acurrate deciblie reading the boat has to be docked. So pretty much they only have to "SEE" the muffler on the boat. Which someone could make MUFFLER, hollow it out, and appear to have muffler. It's just food for thought.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
I am running 525's with slip in silencers and people still occaisionaly clap when I dock and I am below any legal limit in FL.
Yup, you got a speed boat, so they will. They really have no idea what the difference between normal, loud and excessive is.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 579 Likes on 239 Posts

What if you bought a house or condo on the water or a lake long before everybody decided to buy a performance boat with the opitional 800's with open headers.It goes back to the few ruining it for the many.Meaning the excessivly loud boats ruining it for the considerate performance boaters.
I love the sound of performance,just not all the time in my own backyard.
By the way i did not move next to a biker bar ,I was there long before they were.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

That's why people move to different areas. If you are not happy with your surroundings, get out.

Originally I'm from Brooklyn. (Mill Basin area) Growing up this area was considered a nice neighborhood. You couldn't pay me enough to live there now. It's a sh!t hole compare to were I live in NJ. But when we moved here it was rural, and we had horse farms and woods. Closest store was just under 1 mile. Now it's like living out in Long Island and conjested as hell. Things change.
And besides, if I was still in my 20s, I'd probably like living near a bar. (I also like bikes too) You'd be amazed at some of the homes these 'bikers' own, and how much $ they really have.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 579 Likes on 239 Posts

I'm not saying all bikers are trash,I live in Naples most of the bikers here have more money that god,I'm just saying the arrongance of "If you don't like it phuck you and you oughta move" is not going to win you any supporters against the masses.I will repeat I love the sound of a performance boat when it's roaring offshore but I don't get the rev-offs of open pipe harleys at every stoplight they come up to.And i see it plenty.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I agree with you to an extent. But that's the way things are. It's the same with a suped up car. Just about every light that car comes to, the guy usually revs it. But is the same weather one has a mustang, a rice burner, a harley, a crotch-rocket and a boat. Personally, if I had my way, I'd be driving a Harley to work and the boat on the weekends. I find silence deafening. To each is own.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
I understand but that's like buying a house near the air port or race track, and complaining about the noise. Or buying a house near a dump, and complaining about the smell. Or buying a house near a bar and complaining about the drunks @ 2am. Or buying a house in a school zone and complaing about traffic when kids are going to and from school or complaining that the band at football games and the fans cheering are too loud. And persoanlly, I really don't care how much you bought your house for. When one buys a house on the water, they should already know that there will be things about having a house on the water they will not like, and noise from loud boats is just one of those things they will just have to get over.

Where I live, my backyard is adjacent to the town park, yeah at time the park is loud, the swings are approx 10-15' from the fence. But what .... I'm gonna yell at kids to keep it down and and not enjoy themselves. What have I learned? In the next house I live, DO NOT LIVE NEAR A PARK!

Next thing people are gonna start complaining about the noise that deisel trucks make. And why not, more and more of them are being used as daily drivers.
A more appropriate analogy would be buying a house near a road, expecting traffic.... but one day someone invents the Jake Brake.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huge waves are a problem on ourlake....the ones created by large searay etc. boats. I would say "as soon as you mind your wake, i will mind my noise." The waves break docks for gods sake, and my little boat just sounds good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.