Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I just bought the awesome 38 in Detroit (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/134960-i-just-bought-awesome-38-detroit.html)

onebenzman 07-11-2006 08:34 PM

I just bought the awesome 38 in Detroit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys I just bough tthis boat i live in Tampa Fl and the boat is in Detroit i am flying up to Michagin this Thursdy any and all comments are grealty APPRECIATED I AM NOT LOOKING TO GO 108 MPH SO IF IT IS SOWER THAN GOOD FOR ME .BUT I AM CONCERNED BECAUSES PEOPLE SAY THEY FLIP EASY DIFFERENT DRIVE FEEL AND THE INSURANCE IS HARD TO GET I CURRENTLY HAVE A 34 WELLCRAFT SC AND A 30 NORDIC ONE IS TOO SMALL AND THE OTHER TOO SLOW .Jim told me he built this for himself is that bull **** or what he also said the 502 have work donre t them and cams ect.hr said the survey cam ein @ 240k and i am paying 90K w. different trailor so why so cheap should i be concerned>>
Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited

dockrocker 07-11-2006 09:17 PM

Re: I just bought the awesome 38 in Detroit

Huh? :confused:

onebenzman 07-11-2006 09:21 PM

Sorry I though ti had posted this thread in the Awesome 38 cat section
J

dockrocker 07-11-2006 09:24 PM

Well that helps explain things! Congrats on the new ride!

bobkatz 07-11-2006 09:37 PM

I heard that the 38 awesome had some issues with the tunnel blowing the floor out, not sure, just what i heard. The 38 has a great look to it, they were a bit on the heavy side but the ride is supposed to be good. Which 38 did you buy?

FeverMike 07-11-2006 09:44 PM

Hi Tampa neighbor...there a few Tampa people on here.

customryder 07-12-2006 08:39 AM

what steering does it have? becareful..

fantastixvoyage 07-12-2006 09:22 AM

Email me, you don't accept PMs or emails.....

Buddy OO 07-12-2006 10:18 AM

the 38 if built with the proper layup is a nice Cat, It was not designed to be extremely fast, it has a huge cabin, excellent ride, pretty heavy, there was an article on it in powerboat around 2000 I think, they liked it, but some of the 38's were layed up wrong, so buyer beware, should have hull evaluated, crawl around in tunnel, and check for moisture and delam's before you buy it. When the new 38's come out they will be right, Dan the new owner is being very selective before he lays the first one up, they will be very nice when its 100% ready to go.

kr1276 07-12-2006 10:59 AM

Hey Jeff,

Didn't know you were on here. Man that is a big change from the Donzi you were talking about at the Poker Run. Better check it out big time. Any luck on selling the other boats? How late did you get back from the fireworks? Hated to miss it but had to be to work early. My plate was full after being out for a few days.

Keith