Notices

How safe is The Bahamas?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Last winter I spent 10 weeks in the Bahamas, never once did I feel unsafe. However, I am usually pretty good at not putting myself in a bad situation where something can happen. But I have been on many of the islands in the Bahamas and Eluthra and have seen nothing that would have me more concerned then some of the stuff that happens in my own backyard in Toronto. The Bahamas is plenty safe, but a good rule is to not go cruising around by yourself at night, and listen to the locals, if they tell you that a certain area is not great for travelers after dark, don't go there. Be safe, have fun, and use your head.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo rr
Wtf! I had a friend of mine killed at Mullet Bay last year. Never solved.
Might want to get back into contact with the authorities there, as I understand, they are investigating these cases right now.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those events are tragic, and I only put them out there to inform, not to scare or deter anyone from going to the bahamas, far worse things have happend in Miami, and any major US City, and I agree completely with the post that say so, in fact as long as you treat the bahamas like any major US city you are unfamiliar with, you will be just fine. Do a little research before you go exploring unknown areas, get a bit of local knowledge, and use as much common sense as you can. Other than that, I know Im going, back, and I know my buddy will as well, and so should all of you who havent been, its an experience you just cannot miss.