Freshwater Engine Flush w Salt Terminator >

Freshwater Engine Flush w Salt Terminator

Notices

Freshwater Engine Flush w Salt Terminator

Old 07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freshwater Engine Flush w Salt Terminator

Although I do a 5-10 minute freshwater engine flush after each ocean run, I've been told that it is a good idea to include a salt water treatment (Salt Terminator or Salt Away) on an occaisional basis as part of the flushing process.

Will the salt treatment residue have any negative impact on the engine components or outdrive should I do this?

RE: Baja 232 w 454 Mag MPI and Bravo-1
Old 07-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Freshwater Engine Flush w Salt Terminator

No it won't have any negative impact. Yes you should use it. Here is some information from the Salt-Away web site:

Salt-Away is a water-based, non-hazardous, biodegradable solution and contains properties that dissolve, release and remove salt crystals from any surface. Water alone will not remove salt. Use of Salt-Away will not correct past damage but will work to protect against salt corrosion and reduces costly repairs caused by salt. Salt-Away breaks down and removes salt build-up with repeated use.

Salt-Away can safely be used on all metals, fiberglass, paint, rubber, plastic, chrome, glass, concrete, brick or any surface exposed to salt. Salt-Away, mixed with water, washes away the salt then leaves a protective film on surfaces until surfaces are again exposed to water or salt. Special high-performing corrosion inhibitors in the product help protect metals from corroding if not rinsed off. Salt-Away will not strip wax or cause streaks or spots. It is easy to apply by using pressure or power washers capable of dispensing chemicals, Salt-Away's special Mixing Unit, the ready-to-use spray bottles for smaller jobs, and by immersing items into a mixture of Salt-Away and water.

Salt-Away brings you the finest, safest, most reliable product in its category. These features have been standard since Salt-Away’s inception in 1994.

100% Non Hazardous. Contains no hazardous chemicals.

100% Non-Toxic. Safe to use around plants, children, pets and all living things.

100% Biodegradable. All ingredients biodegrade into the environment.

100% Environmentally Safe. Has no deleterious effects in the environment. Safe to discharge into normal drainage outlets.

Water based.

Contains no petroleum products.

Contains no chemical solvents.

Does not react chemically or physically as an emulsifier on lubricants and coatings.

Inhibits rusting and corrosion.

Completely removes fresh salt.

Breaks down layers of salt build-up.

Is chemically dissimilar to any competitive product.

Ingredients are the highest quality available.

Tested to be safe to use on virtually all surfaces, including Magnesium, Aluminum, Iron, Steel, Stainless Steel, Chrome, Paint, Gel Coat, Nylon, Isinglass, Vinyl, Plastic, Glass, Wood, Leather, Rubber, Canvas, Concrete, Brick.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed a HUGE difference in using salt-eliminator vs. not using it,, my 99 kawi jet ski I used it religiously, my 03 kawi jet ski not,, the difference in the cooling passages was night and day when I opened them up for a re-fresh..
Old 07-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been using this stuff since 1997 in every boat I've owned. It really truely works. When I sold my 2000 29 Fountain with a HP500 to gottafever on OSO he took the engine apart and found it to look like new inside. This engine has 250+ hrs on it. Oh yeah Mobil 1 oil works too!