Like Tree0Likes

Am I dreaming or what?

Old 07-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

Default Re: Am I dreaming or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre Man
I hear you Semper Fi, except for one thing you said, "that's what is important."That is not what is important! What is important is the fact that the buyer screwed and he let the manufacturer off the hook, the rigger off the hook and finally got his a** reamed by a speed shop to the tune of $200K. If we as a group continue to let the marine industry treat us like second class citizens, then this type of thing will become commonplace.
I see your concerns, however, we don't know if Dragon and/or the original rigger made some kind of restitution or not. i can only assume that there was some king of compensation to the owner of the boat. He seems to now be a very happy camper and he doesn't say anything negative about the situation.

It is already "commonplace" that we are treated like sh*t from the marine industry as a whole. I am getting out of boating for awhile myself and moving on. That's what is important to me.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

My Boats: Boating,Motorcycling,Snowmobiling

No bash intended or directed at anyone in particular, but I find it confusing that this has caused such a commotion here on the boards.

The boat in question did not deliver the speed it was supposed to. The owner, instead of letting it "ruin" his life, decided to upgrade and achieve more speed yet. It is an ongoing quest for most in this addicting hobby to gain more speed. How many times do we see boats delivered with moderate power, upgraded and "boosted" to deliver more speed. The owner in question took an unfortunate situation and turned it into positive accomplishment, IE. MORE SPEED.
Who knows, maybe he really doesn't have much more money tied up in it if he had commissioned it with the HP1000s and Sixes.

And to flame a person for spending money on this quest for MORE SPEED??? There are many boats out there with prices attached that are just ludicrous. IMO opinion he shouldn't have to justify to anyone the money spent on his boat (except maybe his wife, lol).

Again, I am not pointing a finger at anyone in particular, the other thread had many contributors, just seems strange to bash a guy for putting together a boat that delivers serious performance. Kinda like raining on ones parade. I can see the concern from those stating the manufacturer should be held accountable, but like Semper has stated, the owner is HAPPY.

I'm off my soapbox now.

Sam
Old 07-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
No bash intended or directed at anyone in particular, but I find it confusing that this has caused such a commotion here on the boards.

The boat in question did not deliver the speed it was supposed to. The owner, instead of letting it "ruin" his life, decided to upgrade and achieve more speed yet. It is an ongoing quest for most in this addicting hobby to gain more speed. How many times do we see boats delivered with moderate power, upgraded and "boosted" to deliver more speed. The owner in question took an unfortunate situation and turned it into positive accomplishment, IE. MORE SPEED.
Who knows, maybe he really doesn't have much more money tied up in it if he had commissioned it with the HP1000s and Sixes.

And to flame a person for spending money on this quest for MORE SPEED??? There are many boats out there with prices attached that are just ludicrous. IMO opinion he shouldn't have to justify to anyone the money spent on his boat (except maybe his wife, lol).

Again, I am not pointing a finger at anyone in particular, the other thread had many contributors, just seems strange to bash a guy for putting together a boat that delivers serious performance. Kinda like raining on ones parade. I can see the concern from those stating the manufacturer should be held accountable, but like Semper has stated, the owner is HAPPY.

I'm off my soapbox now.

Sam
Very well put SAM, I couldn't have said it better. Jeff
Old 07-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Quote:
I hear you Semper Fi, except for one thing you said, "that's what is important."That is not what is important! What is important is the fact that the buyer screwed and he let the manufacturer off the hook, the rigger off the hook and finally got his a** reamed by a speed shop to the tune of $200K. If we as a group continue to let the marine industry treat us like second class citizens, then this type of thing will become commonplace.
I agree with Gerrard. The only thing important is that Eric is happy. I'm sure if in the end he wasn't then maybe the info would've been explained in detail. But I can tell you this about Eric, he wouldn't talk sh!t about someone if his mouth was full of it.

*You say Eric got screwed and let the manufacturer off the hook....However, this is not the case. Craig and the crew at Dragon took every mesure to insure Eric was happy in the end.
*You say the rigger got off the hook...Well, as stated before Eric chose not to go the route of bad mouthing a well known rigging shop who does not rig for Dragon anymore, which settled that issue.
*You say he got reamed by Teague...Eric did a lot of searching before going with Teague. He got a full reimbursment for the previous motors/drives. I don't think it's anyones place to say how someone else spends their money.

And in the end, Eric got a CUSTOM (that's the key word in all of this) boat that runs in the low 100's for under the price of other high end manufacturers boats.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICK
As an article, I thought it was a short on details, piece of fluff that read more like a press release for a well known west coast rigging and engine shop than an in depth tech article.

That`s exactly what I got from the article.

Gee, who runs that speed shop and what magazine does he work for ??? Pretty good advertisement, if nothing else...
Old 07-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain

Well, from what I have heard and read is that Dragon is supposed to be a custom premier top of the line builder and Tres Martin is supposed to really know what he is doing with boats from his past rigging and racing experiance. So what I'd like to know is why did this advertised 90mph boat not even come close? What went wrong and why did Dragon or Tres not try to fix this problem? Not bashing just wondering why they were not given the chance.
thanks, Mike
Old 07-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike
Well, from what I have heard and read is that Dragon is supposed to be a custom premier top of the line builder and Tres Martin is supposed to really know what he is doing with boats from his past rigging and racing experiance. So what I'd like to know is why did this advertised 90mph boat not even come close? What went wrong and why did Dragon or Tres not try to fix this problem? Not bashing just wondering why they were not given the chance.
thanks, Mike

I think the owner wanted the boat re-rigged here in California--since he lives in California. I think Dragon stepped up to the plate and did something to make the owner happy. As far as the original rigger is concerned, there is apprently alot more to this story than we know.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 07-18-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Banned

If I were Dragon, I wouldn't want a different shop to rig a boat, just for this reason. Put out a beautiful boat, and have it not live up to it's potential is bad press for the builder.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 Spectre 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I see your concerns, however, we don't know if Dragon and/or the original rigger made some kind of restitution or not. i can only assume that there was some king of compensation to the owner of the boat. He seems to now be a very happy camper and he doesn't say anything negative about the situation.

It is already "commonplace" that we are treated like sh*t from the marine industry as a whole. I am getting out of boating for awhile myself and moving on. That's what is important to me.
Thank you. Finally, someone who understands what I have been driving at since day one, "WE ARE GETTING SCREWED BY THE MARINE INDUSTRY AS A WHOLE!" The tragedy is that we keep taking it on the chin and do nothing about it!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Registered

Quote:
Thank you. Finally, someone who understands what I have been driving at since day one, "WE ARE GETTING SCREWED BY THE MARINE INDUSTRY AS A WHOLE!" The tragedy is that we keep taking it on the chin and do nothing about it!

We, "the consumer" arer screwing ourselves too by paying the rediculous prices of boats. It is partially our fault.