Notices

What can we do ?

Old 07-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What can we do ?

Originally Posted by Ron P
This photo was taken last month at the OSS race in Puerto Rico. Someone told these people that there was a race in town. This was 7pm during the awards presentation.
Most everyone I've talked to says that the OSS event's are by far the best out there for the fans. It would be nice if the teams with other organizations would all combine into one. The sponsorship money would flow much better. You could have a few "ocean" races included in the schedule much like the NASCAR road races.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unsane, I think you are 100% correct that it would all need to be promoted the right way to get the crowds to back it. For example, look at the Texas Hold Em craze over the last 3 years or so. The people that were in the know have known about it for years, and it wasnt that big to the general public. But then once a few channels picked it up and televised it, now everyone and their brother watches it, and thinks they can be the next World Series winner. Same thing here. There are many people on this site for example in the know about this type of thing, but you need to get the public behind it and get the enthusiasm started with the right promoting, and to draw out the big money to back it when they see how big its getting. Unfortunatly for a sport like this one, I think the money to back it all would have to be huge to get it all to fly, not to mention all the regulations and safety concerns you would have. Im thinking its a bit more dangerous behind the wheel of a boat hauling tail in 4 footers, than it is sitting at a poker table
Old 07-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a few problems. One is that the sponsor money has seemed to dry up. The classes change and rules seem to change every year. It is hard to fallow what place boats are in. People have found other exciting things to watch like NASCAR.

I think that the only chance is for the body's to merge into one but I do not see that happen.

Anyone know how races in Europe are attended?

Jon