Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
If you ran a boating mag, what would YOU put in it?? >

If you ran a boating mag, what would YOU put in it??

Notices

If you ran a boating mag, what would YOU put in it??

Old 07-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If you ran a boating mag, what would YOU put in it??

Actually I have never subscribed to or bought a Offshore Magazine for just the reasons I listed above. I'm not destitute but don't and probably won't ever have a half or nearly half million dollar boat. Or lifetime payments, it's just my plicy to pay cash for toys.
But on the other hand. More power to those who can and/or will afford the big bucks stuff. I like to see EveryOne have nice things.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Registered

Someone OTHER THAN Bob Teague on the cover driving!
Old 07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Registered

I'd like to see articles about researching, buying and maintaining used boats. I find information about classic boats and the history of boat manufacturers to be interesting as well.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,054 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
To me, it seems like you see the same boats all the time in these magazines. I would like to see stuff like "reader rides", boats getting re-done....like the article on Tank's boat getting some upgardes. Articles on what going on in the industry...insurance issues, exhaust too loud, etc....
Ya, how many times has pra and pb tested a formula 38 fastech. And i like the fact that pb tests more tahn just offshores.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Registered

Use the Road&Track-type format.
Take like 4 or 5 similar-type boat configurations, within a certain price/power range, and wring em out in pre-determined tests ( based upon their intended function ). Rank them in order, and illustrate the highs and lows of each.
Articles on tech, safety, new products, accessories and apparel, trailers, destinations, and new regulations / legislation as it affects boaters. A how-to section.
Maybe a section at the end for unique / funny boat names, boating stories, funny photographs.
Articles that crap all over sailboaters, and an editorial section that is continually updated as to pending lake and waterway restrictions - in order to keep up public awareness as our rights are being stripped away.

And a section dedicated to wicked hot chicks in swimsuits.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Really big Boobies bouncing up and down during a rough water ride!!!

Bingo!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:06 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd like to see a 'spotlight of the month' in each issue.
This would be an article on someone's personal boat.
And it should be something different and coolin.
Not some run of the mill performance boat, but something different.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yes, these are the things I'm looking for. You guys see through me and see I'm talking about Powerboat mag. I do see negative comments about every magazine on the market and that is why I added others. But my focus is PBM. I'm glad to say that Powerboat wants feed back from its readers (and people who used to be readers) on how to make themselves better. I think a lot of you think PBM comes off as arrogant and not caring about their subscribers/readers, but it is indeed the exact opposite. Gregg is doing an EXCELLENT job at taking in feedback and putting it directly back into the mag. He wants to make you guys happy. This is your opportunity to get things you want to see into the magazine.

Now, keep the criticism coming. As long as it is constructive and it'll help, it is appreciated. Thanks again.
These are the type of threads I really like to see here. Constructive.

I'm sure they are working a difficult angle, being a national Mag. West coast generally supports a certain type of boat (mid-cabin, Jet, V-drive - some Offshores. I still haven't figured out the cat deck boats running 100mph - It's a pontoon with a big power
You'd get eaten alive in anything but a small lake.) - must be a West coast thing.
PB is trying to appeal to all coasts - that is a tough gig to get into.
Analogy - everyone likes the Beatles, how can you not? Not everyone likes Black Sabbath - different strokes baby.
It is a tough nut for PB to crack - to get the entire market, without pizzing some people off.
I do appreciate the fact that you are doing some quantified market research for them.
I enjoy the magazine, the photos are great, but some of the copywrite could be more realistic.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:29 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

tits.....and some azz.....on cool boats. j/k, but not really
Old 07-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

stories on upgrades on older boats, like mine the hulls a 95 everything else has been updated or changed in the last two winters. its nice to dream of owning a skater or outerlimits etc. and when i win the lottery i will own both a skater and a outerlimits

Quick Reply: If you ran a boating mag, what would YOU put in it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.