Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer >

looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

Notices

looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

Old 07-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

i was really surprised at thier position, but it was a dumb biotch that i was speaking to on the phone. i wonder if she's ever seen an offshore race or even knew who bernie little was, lmao
Old 07-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

Attached Thumbnails looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer-mich-lt-scarab.jpg  
Old 07-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

bodyshot great pic, thx
Old 07-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,069 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BODYSHOT1
Offshore Racin' At Its Finest.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great pic
Old 07-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Your a lucky guy to own that Boat
Old 07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
was wondering about its racing career and where its been since. thx for any info. also looking for someone to tow it from the lancaster area of pa to mer performance in little river sc in about 10 days- 2 weeks. rm
Phil Congratulations......I have some great shots of the boat in the original livery as OUTRAGEOUS....After Joey won the Bushmills race in '78, Bernie agreed to sponsor him again.

The second photo that you are showing in post # 1 is actually Betty Cook with boat #89 when she was sponsored by Bernie. It is the same type of boat, a 38 foot Scarab, but it is not the same as your boat #3.

I also have some shots of the beer can gas tanks, that I will post in the next day or two. I will need all kinds of photos from you of the restoration for the HORBA website.

Charlie McCarthy
www.historicraceboats.com
Old 07-27-2006, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Phil, I'm not to far from lancaster, if it's on a decent trailer and you're in a bind, dinner and partying will get it to ya, will have to be on a weekend when I dont have my daughter, but let me know. I can get it for you and keep it safe if you need...Rob
Old 09-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where can I get some of those Michelob Light posters ???
Old 09-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The discussion with the Michelob company reminded me of the wider freedom in cases were art is involved. FULL THROTTLE would mean is this case that you get somebody from the surrounding of Andy Warhol to do to your paintjob what Warhol did to tomatosoup:

http://art.weblogsinc.com/2004/04/17...rhol-campbell/

This would mean that you dont do it in vinyl but do the paint slightly more artificial than the original letters and that you do it together with two artists, one from the tomatosoup gang and one of the boatpainters who you have chosen, if you dont want to do it all alone. If you change the letters slightly artifical you will be allowed to paint them like Warhol was allowed doing. I wonder whether a student from a graphic college would like to try that with the Michelob letters on a famous hull in a Warhol-style allusion.

Quick Reply: looking for info on the mich light larry smith scarab bernie little's/ racer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.