Notices

Hello everyone

Old 07-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone

I finally decided to join. Always enjoyed the reading material on here but never really found material applying to me and my boat. I'm the proud owner of a 1987 24' Advantage offshore.
I have the king cobra stern drive, thrue hull exhaust and a OMC 460 (ford ) engine. I got my hands full of grease and oil by replacing the engine twice (I bough the boat with a blown engine cheap price 5500$). After the first one went I decided to try to improve the engine output a little. In stock form the engine is rated at 340HP which isn't enough by my standard. So I got a comp cams 262h marine, put in the magnum roller tips rocker with screw-in studs and played a bit with the carb. I took a look inside the distributor (prestolite ) and found that the mechanical advance spring were not even the same. One would have been fit to be used for suspension on a ten wheeler.
So a lot of sorting out and tickering around but finally got my first day out yesterday where I won't have to put in corrective maintenance after sea trials.
My goal in joinning here is to discuss some of the issues that I have a hard time to deal with and hopefully fix. Sure hope to get help and make friends around here.
I in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and the Atlantic is now my playground and I can see it becoming addictive.
Have a good time out there everyone.
Josh
Old 07-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hello everyone

welcome.....
Old 07-23-2006, 10:16 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Congrats on boat and welcome
Old 07-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

I guess that means you brought the beer????
Old 07-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

I wish I could but I can't. The reason I came back last night was that the tiny cooler fitted onboard has been severely depleted (by my passengers of course). I'll be better prepared for the next time.
Josh
Old 07-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wecome aboard, i suggest you invest in soap on a rope if you plan on hangin with that stecz guy
Old 07-23-2006, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Welcome Josh!
Old 07-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to you new addiction ....and try not to forget about your wife...because it does happen

mike
Old 07-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

Wife???
Do I really need one? I'm not as lucky as some of you guys do, like getting married, having kids then sometimes Godforbid, going through a nasty divorce and lose all the toys. Haven't met the one for me yet. But on the dockside I've seen a few that'd need some looking into but then the girlfriend might get jealous for no good reason. A very wise man told me that women are like engine oil. If you get the good expensive stuff like synthetic, you stick with it, otherwise change it often and regularly. lol
Old 07-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Registered

rotflmao welcom josh .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.