Saw the Miami Vice Movie last night >

Saw the Miami Vice Movie last night

Notices

Saw the Miami Vice Movie last night

Old 07-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw the Miami Vice Movie last night

Went to the premiere last night in Miami, and Michael Mann introduced the film by showing a 4 minute sequence that ended up not making the final cut of the film:
4 minutes of all the boats racing!!! It was AMAZING! And he did say it would wind up on the DVD as a bonus scene.
The Bacardi MTI, Tiger Racing, Pair A'Dice, Spiderman Skater V, and all the other boats looked incredible !!!!
Michael Mann then went on to thank John Tomlinson for his help...very cool!
I enjoyed the movie even though there were relatively few boat scenes...One in particular where Sonny drives the Mojo MTI from Maimi to Cuba on a quest for a great Mojito

But still, it was very cool !
Hans
Old 07-26-2006, 08:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Saw the Miami Vice Movie last night

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Went to the premiere last night in Miami, and Michael Mann introduced the film by showing a 4 minute sequence that ended up not making the final cut of the film:
4 minutes of all the boats racing!!! It was AMAZING! And he did say it would wind up on the DVD as a bonus scene.
The Bacardi MTI, Tiger Racing, Pair A'Dice, Spiderman Skater V, and all the other boats looked incredible !!!!
Michael Mann then went on to thank John Tomlinson for his help...very cool!
I enjoyed the movie even though there were relatively few boat scenes...One in particular where Sonny drives the Mojo MTI from Maimi to Cuba on a quest for a great Mojito

But still, it was very cool !
Hans
Hans, you are the man ! BTW I'm still waiting for you to make me into a rock star !! LOL. See you in a few weeks, Hans.
Bob
Old 07-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Registered

Looking forward to seeing it. The article in Powerboat Mag on the flick was pretty good, mentioned that particular race scene in the beginning - kinda wish it would've made the cut. Did anybody watch this past Fridays (July 21) 3 hr. Miami Vice special on NBC? They played the original 2 hr. pilot to the series (titled My Brothers' Keeper) and filled in the remaining hour with Michael Mann interviews and the making of the new movie. Good show. The scene towards the end of the pilot when Crockett and Tubbs are flying thru Miami in the Daytona at night during Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" is still awesome to watch!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

that blows that they cut the racing scenes, that means john Q public will probably never get to see it, so much for all the manufacturers that sent boats and people for the racing scenes that will be seen by few. lame o
Old 07-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by delleto
towards the end of the pilot when Crockett and Tubbs are flying thru Miami in the Daytona at night during Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" is still awesome to watch!!!!!!!!!!!
yea in teh movie it appears the song is there but not collins singing it that f-uped
Old 07-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Bob -looking forward to seeing you as always! We'll work on that whole rock star thing when you get here, I promise

ratman -there are still a handful of pretty cool boat scenes, it's just the race thats not there...don't get the wrong idea. MTI and Donzi branding is all over the movie

Klaw- In order to stay somewhat musically relevant Michael Mann chose to use a hard rock version of "In The Air Tonight" by a band called Nonpoint, who are coincidentally from the greater Miami area. The song was to be used in a gun-fire and chase scene in the movie, however, in the version we were shown last night (may not have been the final final version) it was only used in the end credits.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
not making the final cut of the film:
4 minutes of all the boats racing!!!
That would have been the best part for me.
Oh well.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
That would have been the best part for me.
Oh well.
thats what i was looking forward to.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was Donzi or Mti and had let them use these expensive boats for this movie, and obviously the payment is the advertising, and they didn't use them I would be furious be the first and last time it would happen.

I am curious, IF Michael Mann wanted the boat sceen who cut it out and how I thought the director had final sayso??

WILL
Old 07-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
If I was Donzi or Mti and had let them use these expensive boats for this movie, and obviously the payment is the advertising, and they didn't use them I would be furious be the first and last time it would happen.

I am curious, IF Michael Mann wanted the boat sceen who cut it out and how I thought the director had final sayso??

WILL
Focus groups watch the film in un-cut version and try to see if the story run together , well to them it didnt, which sucks.

many days in HOT MIAMI were spent filming, yes it was fun, but it sucks it did not make the film, Ill by the DVD

Quick Reply: Saw the Miami Vice Movie last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.