Miami Vice

Old 07-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Re: Miami Vice

Originally Posted by dreamer
j dont see how the "race" would have fit in the story line.....sorry guys
Ted, check my thoughts on this in post 6 or 7 or so......give me more feedback.

Oh yeah, "Driven" was a movie about homo race car drivers, 'splains why you wanted to kill yourself watching it since the "star" had a chick instead of you.........
Old 07-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its miami vice... not offshoreonly the movie

i understand the frustration over how it would of gotten exposure to the masses of the thing we love... but thats not the oint of the movie...
This is pretty much my opinion as well, I just figured Id get grilled if I posted it on here. I still want to go see it, regardless of all the b*tching on here.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Saw it Friday Night, Movie was a near miss, It had so much potential with or with out the boats, I think editing wrecked the movie.

Eddie
Old 07-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

A buddy of mine absolutely hated it, I got an earfull over the phone for half an hour after he left the theatre. I think Il just wait for the DVD.

-Thrill
Old 07-30-2006, 04:01 PM

I havn't seen it yet, but would we all like it better if we had never seen the original Miami Vice and had nothing to compare it to? JB
Old 07-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Registered

The movie was no where near the quality of the series. I thought the characters were supposed to be boat racers which would have tied the race in. When you watch the series, Crockett and Tubbs were a couple players, it showed alot of Miami surroundings, drug deals, fast boats, fast cars, and casual sex. This thing was a dark movie filmed close up with a couple action scenes and a love story back drop. I watched alot of the filming and hoped for something much better like Heat or at least as good as the series. I now understand why Don Johnson supposedly said no.
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice-movie-1.jpg   Miami Vice-movie-2.jpg   Miami Vice-movie-3.jpg  

Old 07-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i think some people have to go back and watch afew episodes... they were great but cheasy and dated.... would u like to see a batman movie resemble the series

it was dark, gritty and undergroundish....which made it so good...and CONTEMPORARY..... and as believable/authentic as a hollywood action movie gets
Old 07-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

I'm planning on going.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

i think some people have to go back and watch afew episodes... they were great but cheasy and dated.... would u like to see a batman movie resemble the series

it was dark, gritty and undergroundish....which made it so good...and CONTEMPORARY..... and as believable/authentic as a hollywood action movie gets

didn't you see alot from the old episodes? The movie reminded me of smugglers blues and the other episode were Truty was in the trailor with the bomb?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Designie

I thought the movie was excellent. One of the things that made this movie worth watching, was that it's not "Fast and the Furious" or "Bad Boys". I don't like movies where they just try to jam in mind numbing action throughout the whole thing. I've always liked the look of Michael Mann movies. The dark, cool lighting with some interesting original score playing. Not cars flipping, boats jumping over docks while hip-hop's blaring.

I knew the movie wouldn't have any gravity defying, unrealistic effects. Just good camera work, and great sound. Signature Michael Mann. He doesn't compromise his work so that the only thing in the film is non-stop action to keep ADD victims awake.

I loved it. I can only hope this franchise gets a couple more sequels.

Quick Reply: Miami Vice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.