Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chesapeake Bay Boaters... Tangier Island?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136550-chesapeake-bay-boaters-tangier-island.html)

Shah Mat 07-31-2006 09:31 AM

Chesapeake Bay Boaters... Tangier Island??

Anyone been there? Goods? Bads? I know there's not much to see but are there things we should see?

A bunch of us are thinking of an overnight trip there before or after Labor Day.

rush 07-31-2006 10:53 AM

Re: Chesapeake Bay Boaters... Tangier Island??

I've been there, it would make a nice DAY trip, they have great food and a few sites to see, no alcohol on the island,just lunch would be my choice..
Have you been to Chrisfield it's just a few miles to the east of tangier.

rush 07-31-2006 10:55 AM

You might do a serch on here, there was a thread on this a short while ago.

Shah Mat 07-31-2006 11:24 AM

Is there more to do in Chrisfield? Night life? What about Smith Island?

Maybe we'll do an day trip to Tangier and then overnight elsewhere.

rush 07-31-2006 11:59 AM

Smith island is about like Tangier, there right next to each other. Chrisfield has a few resturants and you can drink there too, I asked about night life last time I was there "to a waiter" he said not much going on at night.

GOODT 07-31-2006 05:16 PM

theres always Kent Island and Red Eyes :drink: :drink: :evilb:

DaleSC 08-01-2006 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
Anyone been there? Goods? Bads? I know there's not much to see but are there things we should see?

A bunch of us are thinking of an overnight trip there before or after Labor Day.

Actually, I have been their also...I was born and raised in Crisfield. Tangier and Smith Island are just a hop, skip and a jump from there. I have been away from Crisfield about 11 years. Alot of my family in Crisfield and Smith Island. Actually was in Crisfield July 4 wknd and last weekend. Alot of changes there. It is pretty. However the nite life is another story. around dark they roll the sidewalks up. However there are a couple resturants there worth a visit. (Crisfield) They also have a excellent marina. The island's are very historic. real good hospitality and good home cooking. We are thinking about going back and taking the boat for labor day (crab derby) a 3 day party.......... but we'll see.

check these links out....
http://www.crisfieldchamber.com/crabderby.htm
www.crisfield.com
www.smithislnd.org
www.tangierisland-va.com

DaleSC

DaleSC 08-01-2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by GOODT

LOL.....you must work with the Chamber of Commerce there. Kent Island is also nice.....

DaleSC

Sydwayz 08-01-2006 03:57 PM

Joey,

You know Solomon's is a good time. About 1/2 of our group on the RPBA annual tour of the Chesapeake Fun Run stopped at St. Michaels for lunch on Monday last summer. Its a pretty cool place... very quaint which keeps the girls happy.

A 29' Fountain did the full trip from Coles Point to Baltimore & back; and one leg was during very rough seas during a storm. Since we know a 29' Fountain is really an 18' runabout, your 25' Check should be fine if you want to come along this year.

August 18-21
Friday afternoon launch at Coles Point
Friday night Solomon's Yacht Club
Saturday & Sunday in Baltimore's Inner Harbor
Monday run back from Baltimore to Coles Point

BTW, your engine compartment looks SICK on the CMI website.

Shah Mat 08-02-2006 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by GOODT

Been there, :drink: :drink: :drink:

Brian, The Bay run sounds like fun, but August is a busy time for me. I reserved a slip at Solomans that Friday, just in case I could make it.