Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Candyman-You were right (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/13659-candyman-you-were-right.html)

Looney Tune 02-04-2002 07:07 PM

Candyman-You were right

Candyman, I met you at the Sonic display at the Chi Boat Show. I was on the 386 helping the dealer. I was wondering if you made a decsion on a boat? By the way you were right this (offshore only)is too addicitive, I have started treatment. :D Let me know waht you decide.null

Cigwillie 02-04-2002 07:54 PM

candyman:
I want to know too! Drop me a line or call me.

Bill

P.S. I'm selling the Cafe (Waaaaaaaaaaa!)

candyman35 02-04-2002 09:25 PM

Looney Tune,
Welcome to the board! Erica is going to hate me for telling you about the board. :D It is very addictive.
Vicki and I are planning to tour Sonic, Active Thunder and Cigarette sometime in March. I received pictures of the 386 from HP500EFI. He saw a post that I mentioned liking that boat. He goes to the show and takes pictures and sends them to me. It's always fun to help others spend their money. :D Your going to enjoy the board. Just don't mention politics or religion. The board becomes a scary place when those topics come up.
A Chicago Poker Run sounds like a great idea. Try posting it on the main board.
Have fun,
Dan

candyman35 02-04-2002 09:47 PM

Bill,
I am sorry to here about the job. Hopefully you can find something else quickly. Are you sure about selling the Cig? There has to be another way. I didn't realize you still had the other boat. I'd try to move that quickly and then decide the fate of the Cafe.
Boat shows are bad for me. It got us thinking bigger, never a good thing. Vicki really liked the layout on the 38 Sonic. We are going to go to FL to test a few boats. It’s a good excuse for a vacation. We haven't been on one since Nov. '98. We are due. Check out my post in the Fountain section ”Boat Buying 101”. I’ll be talking to you.
Dan

MIdnightRider 02-04-2002 10:43 PM

Candyman Dan- you rollin to the GR Boat Show just for grins. If you are we'll have to catch a drink. I emailed you on the speedo, I have money burnin a hole in my pocket. I think I am going to do the whole dash; panel gauges, and bezels. I saved money on Fountain Clothes today because they suck, so I'll spent it elsewhere, see my post on our board.

candyman35 02-05-2002 12:19 AM

Were lucky the boats are a lot better than the clothing line. :D
Dan

h2owarrior 02-05-2002 12:40 AM

Looney Tune, You were on the 386 at the Chicago boat show ? That means you own a 358 ? Sorry we did not connect while we were there. I an sure you will not remember but we talked with you about the boat 386 and your boat. I was there along with Tbikini (Beautiful Red Head) and our two very young daughters. We, like Candyman is going to do, went to Ft. lauderdale and went for rides in a 386 and a 37 AT and also visited Powerplay (nothing to ride in).

Oh well. It just shows you, you need to find out more about people when you have a chance.

Looney Tune 02-05-2002 09:51 AM

H20 Warrior, I defininitley remember your'e wife! I also remember you. That show was loads of fun. Where do you do most of your boating? As soon as the thaw hits we will have to go boating. :D

Cigwillie 02-05-2002 06:38 PM

Dan:
Losing the paycheck was a direct hit with a torpedo as far as my battle with the wife to keep the Cig. Got a few good irons in the fire, though. Baby and house are top priority now. I'll be back! May keep the Baja in the interim. Hope you don't mind me mooching a ride or two on your new baby.

Bill

P.S. No surprise about the wife liking the Sonic. Not as "hard-core" in the cabin dept. Just get the triple 575's. ;)

candyman35 02-05-2002 07:09 PM

Bill,
You’re always welcome aboard. It will probably be in the Fountain for a while unless a really hot deal comes up. Were going to take are time and look at all the options, which include keeping the 35’.
With a Sonic or a Cig I could trade the Fountain in. All I have to do is sign my life away. :D To go with the Active Thunder I'd have to sell the boat first. I definitely don't want to be with out a boat over the summer and I never want to own two boats at the same time, again.
We would probably go with a pair of 500EFI's, in any of the choices, with the intention of putting Whipple's on in the future. Triples would be cool. Wish the Merc power wasn't so expensive.
Good luck on the job hunt. Maybe things will work out and you keep the boat.
Dan

BTW, did they ever fix your swim platform?