Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need help!!!!! They are out to get me!!!! >

I need help!!!!! They are out to get me!!!!

Notices

I need help!!!!! They are out to get me!!!!

Old 07-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down I need help!!!!! They are out to get me!!!!

I just by chance did not put my boat in the water today because I wanted to hang out at the beach and drink some beers!!!! I got word from my friends that stopped by the beach that the sheriff was on the water looking for my boat because they had 5-6 complaints about it. None of them threw me in , but they said they would track me down! the complaints ranged from, me swamping a conou with my wake due to my high rate of speed, to almost hitting some people on a tube, to driving recklessly!
First off the boat throws no wake! and even though I drive fast I am very considerate of other boaters. I never would put someone else at risk! what we have here is a bunch of old phucks in there pontoon boats that think that they own the river I grew up on.
A buddy of mine was talking to the sheriff earlier today and he said he was going to give me a ticket for reckless endangerment , even if he did not catch me doing anything. I don't think this is right because there is nothing reckless about operating a boat at high speed if it is done in a safe manner.
What should I do?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Re: I need help!!!!! They are out to get me!!!!

Find the head guy and explain your deal. Sounds like they have it in for you!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sell the boat

Just kidding!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be proactive and give the supervisor a call, explain your side, about all you can do. Offer to do a demo if need be to show them your wake size. Have you had any dockside run ins with any of the complainees? Are they just haters?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

So,were you raising hell on your boat yesterday and just happened to not go boating today and all of a suddenn they are looking for you?? Your story sounds like your leaving out some tiny details,people don't generally complain to the law unless you did something,they are too lazy and its too much trouble,Smitty
Old 07-31-2006, 06:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
So,were you raising hell on your boat yesterday and just happened to not go boating today and all of a suddenn they are looking for you?? Your story sounds like your leaving out some tiny details,people don't generally complain to the law unless you did something,they are too lazy and its too much trouble,Smitty

I am usually on the water, I just happened not to be yesterday. The onlything I am guilty of is driving fast!!!!
Attached Thumbnails I need help!!!!! They are out to get me!!!!-rondack-romp-venom.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
1st highe speed pass 2.wmv (743.0 KB, 124 views)
Old 07-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends

Tiny details like how many beers!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 208 Posts

Yeah, thats A big wake maker!!!!!!!!!!! The wake wouldnt swamp a boat but I bet the rooster could!!!
Good luck,
Jr.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would go directly to them as soon as possible and not wait for them to come to you...

A couple weekends ago I was heading to shore at the same time a car ferry was leaving port. In my opinion I was well out of his way. He didn't think so, he hit his horn three times and then as the ferry side was at my side he yelled out the window "I'll see you in court." I called a friend that works at the ferry to find the captains name. I then called him directly and worked everything out over the phone. Felt much better.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Huge, go directly to the cops. You are entitled to the names of your accusers aren't you? Find out the exact complaints against you. Explain your side and if they still wanna get uppity, hire a lawyer and go after them for harrasement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.