Notices

Red Car Harrasment Ticket

Old 02-04-2002, 10:35 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Ha ha....

.......$35 ticket here in Floriduh!!!!!!

The Stang is all Black...of course...and the top is tan.......as for the windows...5%.

That's the way I like 'em and that's the way it will stay...

Besides Floriduh is rough on interiors.....

I love rollin up to the lights next to the POlice......and lookin right at him..you know tongue hangin out and such..

Can't see a damn thing and that's the way it should be....but when stopped they are the first thing down.....
Old 02-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Vern:
<STRONG>Formula31,
Mnfastboater, doesn't matter if the car was sold with tint, illegal is illegal.</STRONG>
I understand and know that
Why I said to get the bill of sale and a dealer statement is to prove the car was sold with FACTORY tint. Not an aftermarket add on film. If the car was truly factory tint ( in the glass, not added on film or spray) Then is should NOT be the buyers fault, but the dealer that sold it. Which I am sure was not the case.
But now if film was added at the dealer as an aftermarket addon, sucks to be him
Old 02-04-2002, 11:56 PM
OutlawBayB

Here in Texas, you won't pass inspection if you're window are tinted illegally. Unless you know someone who's willing to pass you
I'm pretty sure every state prob. has a clause like that, check into it.

As for dealerships, (worked at dealers for 10 yrs-3 of that aftermarket mgr till now)it is against the law for us to put illegal tint jobs on vehicles. That's when you get them done on the side. Plus, the tint co. has to put a sticker on the film-they won't do that on illegal or they could get fined.

So, check it out!

Old 02-05-2002, 12:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
In MA it is illigal for me or anyone to put tint on that is to dark. 10,000 buck fine for the instalation place if they do. The out for us was to have the customer sign that the car is for show purposes only, and not to be driven.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:32 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Formula, yes they have a meter that they use to check it in Ohio. They make you roll down the window a little and then the unit kinda slides over the top (has a slot). I've had two warnings but never a ticket.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Angry

I understand - I drive a purple and yellow Pace Car Corvette in the summer and tas given a ticket for going too slow in a 25 mph zone a block from my work in daylight when the light in front of me was red. He claims I was going around 19. Went to court with no lawyer thinking it was an easy and rediculous thing, and the Mayor/Judge sided with his officer. Could not beleive it, but it did get me out of a ticket in Tennesse when the trooper saw it on my record 2 years later.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:44 AM
Registered

I have my side and back windows tinted - Mother's Day present a couple of years ago. Back window is pretty dark, sides aren't too bad, and front is factory.I know the side windows are illegal, figure if I get a ticket or R&R I'll just take the sides off (illegal because it covers the whole window). It's not a real big deal to me - I got them because I have a little boy. I had bought the shades that you pull down for my back window and they were SOOOOOO distracting I couldn't stop looking at them. Figured they were more of a hazard than the sun was!! I can still see through my windows just fine with no problem and have never been pulled over for them (knock on wood). I see a hundred cars everyday whose windows are so much darker than mine!!
Old 02-05-2002, 09:07 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts
Arrow

I have my Dually tinted and with the cap on the back now it makes the truck look VERY dark. I find that most times the cops wont bother you unless you are doing something to attract their attention!! I mean hell...look at the size and color of my Dually! If that dont get your attention i dont know what will!!! And luck for me &lt;knock on wood&gt; I have yet to be harrased for the tints!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-05-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

Black tahoe with chrome 2002 denali rims and all the way black windows, I was worried about getting pulled over from the window tint, but it's been over a year and they are still not bothering me thank god! I did the tint myself $10 from the auto parts store, a real ***** to install, pull out the window, tint it in the garage, reinstall it. The hard way for sure, but I give credit to the guys that do it for a living, that **** ain't easy to install. I have been pulled over, and they did say it was too dark, but said since I rolled down the windows That I had respected thier concerns about not having tinted windows, they wouldn't ticket me for them which was cool, They had only been tinted for a few weeks at that point. I'd say clean your windows real good and take your to the poice station again and have them test them again, and explain how they aren't tinted, if you pass there are no grounds to not throw out the case.

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 02-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Reindl.. I know where youre shop is. I would guess it must have been a Deer Park cop. Dont waste youre time in Candy Court you will lose no matter what unless you are one of "the boys" {I could tell you stories!!}

Quick Reply: Red Car Harrasment Ticket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.